What's new

Veronica Mars Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Somebody mentioned a Matchbox 20 concert, and Piz said the line about Rob Thomas being a whore. I don't even remember which episode it was, but I guess it was the first of the night. It might have been when the gang was taking Wallace to the beach to test his flyer.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think my favorite finale of the season was Lost's, but the one I can't stop thinking about is VM's--mainly because it's the only show that's going away. Remind me again what is supposed to happen in June? A meeting in New York, expired contracts, a possible greenlight for the FBI show? Is any of this possible, or is it mere pipedream at this point?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Probably mostly pipedream, but it's better than nothing. Basically, after June 15th, Thomas, Bell, etc., are no longer under contract for Veronica Mars and the network can no longer order a fourth season without renegotiating everyone's contract. The flip side is that no-one will be locked into specific terms any more, so CW would be able to make a pilot order for a hypothetical show about young FBI agents in San Diego or students at the FBI academy in Quantico. This way, they could also approach it somewhat cautiously - order a pilot script, then a pilot, then twelve more episodes, rather than committing to thirteen episodes of a radical revamp.
I don't know how likely anything is to happen, but the network has six hours of new programming that's got good odds to fail and only One Tree Hill on tap for scripted shows. Special Agent Veronica Mars would be nice to have in the pipeline by January.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I read somewhere yesterday that Thomas is shooting some kind of proposal pilot or whatever you'd call it with Enrico Colantoni, and I think the woman who played the guidance counselor Keith dated, as a married couple, so it looks like Thomas is either moving on or at least creating new opportunities in case the FBI thing doesn't work out.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not just casting Paula Marshall but building a show around her? Gutsy.
I imagine it's not close to shooting, though - he's probably just working on a pilot proposal, and if any of the networks like it, they'll order a pilot script, and if they like that, then he can start shooting something.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I turned out that was from Watch With Kristin. From the little I've read of her, she's a very slightly connected fangirl, so take it as you will. Here's her text:
4. Insiders also tell me VM mastermind Rob Thomas is currently shooting a new project (on spec) at his house with Enrico Colantoni (Keith) and Paula Marshall playing spouses. As far as I know, Colantoni is not playing anything Mars-related, so it appears Thomas may be moving on...

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Great, great finale. Not happy but really epitomized the core of the show and all of the characters. I'm really going to miss the show but that was about as satisfying of a series finale as I could have hoped for.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
The series ended on a high with a return to S1/S2 form. We were given a reasonable amount of closure. It's unfair to compare it to Firefly where Joss Whedon and the fans were severely dicked around by the network.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll spoilerize these for medical reasons. I don't want to be the cause of any geek attacks out there. ;)
From Celebration IV.
See below.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, that sucks. I figured the HTF's caching system did away with stuff like that. I'll see if they're still at the original location and try again.
Edit: It looks like the cache got confused by the number of pictures. I'll do them one at a time at first and then paste the cache version into a single post.
Okay, same as before. This time, the spoiler is to cut down on loading times for those of you on dialup or whatever (I hope the spoiler tags work that way):

htf_imgcache_8532.jpeg
htf_imgcache_8533.jpeg

htf_imgcache_8534.jpeg
htf_imgcache_8535.jpeg

htf_imgcache_8536.jpeg

The last one ain't my favorite, but I'll include it anyway.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Satisfying finale. Slightly frustrating plot-wise (like the Angel finale), but gold from character POV. Logan completely redeemed himself.
My favorite scenes? The pictures of Lilly and Duncan on the walls. Beautiful stuff.
--
H

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Veronica seeing the portraits was so bizarre. It took me awhile to realize where she was and even then it took me a bit to process.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's strange that everyone seems to be seeing the finales late, and right at the same time. VM in this thread, Dave just saw the Lost finale in that thread, and I believe someone just saw the Heroes finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks