What's new

Veronica Mars Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I finally got to see the last 4 episodes online, since the CW in my house suddenly got crappy reception.

I just feel like this season is less interesting than previous seasons.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I have to admit when Max first approached Veronica with what was obviously going to be the "case of the week" I almost turned it off, but it actually wasn't half-bad. The funniest part to me had to be the big grin Logan gave when Max and Wendy first embraced when she showed up for the first time. Is that the first time marble-mouth has ever let out a full-on smile?
But yeah, this show is limping to it's grave.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
I don't understand why people are so down on mysteries-of-the-week, but I admit this one was pretty watered down. The case should've had Veronica at her snarkiest, but we didn't even get snarky asides to Logan.
And the ad for next week ... I hope to God that's a bad misdirect, otherwise it's a jump the shark moment.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't watch the preview, but I've been concerned about the next episode for a while. I'll have to see if I can live with it, but I hope it isn't full-blown political.
But, I need to make clear that I enjoyed this week's episode. It just seems like they are stretching the arc mysteries too thin by putting them in the background. The rape case was ever present, but it didn't seem like much of a priority for Veronica until right near the end of it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Found this post elsewhere, thought people would enjoy it:
htf_imgcache_5387.gif

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
At the end of the episode, didn't madison basically confirm Logan wasn't in Mexico. and that he was actually with her in Aspen.
and that the whole Mexico, hotel fire was made up, and a fake alibi for Mercer for his rapes.
So that means that Mercer was never in mexico.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
JohnS said:
in mexico.
That's an interesting thought, but I don't see how it confirms anything. Do we know when exactly (time-wise) Logan was supposed to be in Mexico, and when he was in Aspen? And I'm not sure why Logan would need to make up the fire story, even if he was trying to cover something up.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
At the end of the episode, didn't madison basically confirm Logan wasn't in Mexico. and that he was actually with her in Aspen.
I don't think so. Mercer and Logan went to Mexico sometime during the fall semester, whereas Logan and Madison hooked up during Christmas vacation.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My concerns were fairly unfounded. I was able to enjoy it, and I'm glad Bonnie's father got a fair shake from the writers. It's a shame Weevil was so quick to agree to the auto theft, though. I wish his attempt to turn over a new leaf was more serious.
Madison isn't very attractive to me. Is that even her real hair? It looks like a bad wig. Mrs. O'Dell, on the other hand. Nice. When the next scene showed Keith in a kitchen and a figure (turned out to be Veronica) walked into the room and said something about it being morning , I thought Keith got lucky. It wouldn't be ethical or even smart, but it would be hard to resist.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Didn't much like the vengeful-emo VM in the first 3/4 of the episode, and the resolution to her case teaching her a case of anger management was so-so. Now we have emo-Logan, and that's just sad to watch at times. The slow-boil on the O'Dell murder is really losing steam.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I didn't have a problem with vengeful-emo Veronica since she was trying to deal with Logan sleeping with Madison. I'm sure if it was someone else, it wouldn't be as bad.
The O'Dell murder mystery is getting interesting for me since I forgot about the ex-husband and the fact that Keith found what appeared to be a piece of egg or eggshell under the wiper of the sports car in the O'Dell garage.
I can't imagine being a "friend" like Phyllis was to Bonnie. The things people do to each other in the name of religion, I wonder if it's worth it.
Dick was funny as usual. Does he go to class or what?
htf_imgcache_5560.gif

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
The MARS people are always talking about how the try to insert a BIG LEBOWSKI line in every episode. So, during last nights, I was wondering if they would ever get Jeff Bridges to do a guest star.

While I was thinking that, they had an ad for Duracell, with Bridges doing the voiceover. They actually had a couple ads.

Kind of funny.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The emasculation of Logan continues. Geez, give the guy some cajones again and let's move on.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Didn't much like the vengeful-emo VM
The emo part I don't like -- I don't care what Wallace says, she ain't a marshmallow. But I'm glad to see the resurgence of Veronica the Fury from season one -- she's never so endearing as when she's exacting retribution for a wrong, especially when it's all out of proportion to the crime.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I can't believe I'm saying this given how much I liked seasons 1-2...but I'm considering bailing on this show. Such a shame to see a show fall so far so fast. The only thing going on that's even mildly interesting is the O'Dell case and that is taking a backseat to the snooze worthy mysteries of the week. The worst part is that the writing even seems to be getting sloppy as this is like the 3rd time this season the final clue to solve a case was a major reach/assumption on Veronica's part (the bookmark in the What To Expect When You're Expecting book? Puh-leaze...) The edginess is all but gone from this show.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If you like emLogan, you must have been in hog heaven tonight! Now we've got two murders running, and they'll probably be tied together somehow. And, it's pretty obvious that if there is a fourth season, it'll involve the FBI intern program. Or, maybe that'll be the last run of this season after the O'Dell murder is solved. I like the idea of V in the program, but if it means her being in Virginia, and it means less of the V/Keith dynamic, it's a mistake.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This was just a so-so episode, but I did like the ending of the arrest of Veronica.
at least this episode gave more info of the Odell case

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Given the ratings, I think this will be the last season of VM.

Not quite sure how the coach's murder figures in with the O'Dell murder, if there will be any connection at all. I just thought it was a way to shoehorn an appearance by Wallace.

The girl with Logan was a cute device to get him to stop thinking about himself and get back to interacting with the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks