What's new

Veronica Mars season 2 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They weren't all the same for season 2. Besides, they could have just done it like Supernatural. "Recap On/Off"

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
With season 2 they were not only different, but often were used to remind you of things from 7-8 episodes ago. Again, not really necessary when viewing in marathon order... but if you take a break longer than a week or so it can be very confusing, especially for those who don't have the best memories...
After going through 144 episodes of Buffy and 110 episodes of ANGEL and missing about 200+ episodes worth of previouslies... I can safely say in most cases removing them does more harm than good.

What if they had removed the "In every generation..." from every episode of Buffy's first season? It's repetitive... and not really necessary. We know she's the slayer from the title and from watching the episodes... why do we need it?

Because it's something created specifically FOR the show by the production company. It's part of the episode and it SHOULD be included on a medium (DVD) meant to preserve things in optimum sound/video quality. The quality means little to me if we don't even have the whole episodes...

What angers me the most is that in the case of music replacement there is often a different side..."Either replace it, or the show stays vaulted..."

With something like this, it's just a careless mistake (the option should be present, like on supernatural) made for little or no reason. I think it's funny that someone might have thought they were doing us a favor. They should have checked the names on the booklet instead... getting character names right on the DVD box etc, is more important than chopping "useless" parts of the episodes.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I spent Saturday night on a VM Marathon, watching the last 5 episodes of Season 2, which I picked up today as a birthday gift. I started with the last 5 only because that's where I was when watching it on local TV here.

What a roller-coaster ride of a finale!

I HATE the overlapping disc trays, though being able to see the show in widescreen makes up for any packaging problems...and the show is just plain incredible regardless. Now if I could just get season 1...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy had about 7 copies of season 1 on the shelf when I went the other day. I took all except 2 and put them on the shelf where they were listed for 19.99. I'm sure that'll help push sales (considering the tag on them listed the set for 48.99...) the only indication it was even part of the sale was the small picture at the bottom of the shelf...

Either way, my roommate picked up a copy for himself, FINALLY. Between the two of us, I've got two copies of my own, a copy a lent to a friend who refused to give the show a chance until now... and a copy I gave to my mother.

I agree, the show is so beautifully shot, and I love the set designs and everything else the show has to offer visually. It's such a treat to see the show in widescreen... especially when it was originally announced as 4:3 for season 1.

Anyone else think we've had to fight almost every step of the way to get some decent releases of this show?

We weren't even on the slate to get a season 1 until fans started complaining. Then they announced it would be too hard to get all the extras on there for the season 2 premiere... then they didn't get it out in time for the new season anyway, but still canned all the features... and then the early cover art came out...which was not only ugly as hell, but misrepresented the show. So we had to get them to change it. Then they announced the show will be full-screen only... we we had to whine to get them to release it in the correct aspect ratio... Then season 2 loses the previously segments (I've decided to stop bitching about it... after this... or only when necessary), they mess up the Fitzpatrick's names on the booklet, and the episode guide originally has two of the wrong titles for episodes... and the features weren't all that extensive either.

Good thing they included season 1 with the 19.99 promotion... it's just about the smartest thing they DID with these releases...

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

By all means, continue. I agree completely. Having them CUT INTO episode teasers of ANGEL was bad enough, ruining certain dialogue set-ups, action, etc. DVD is supposed to (at least I think it is) offer the best, and/or definitive presentation of these programs, and when corners are cut (syndicated versions, modified aspect ratios, no recaps...) it becomes substandard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks