1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Veronica Mars Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by ThomasC, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Matt Stone
    Agreed on Beaver. I can't wait to see him just go ballistic over his dad's favoritism of his brother. Not to mention the fact that his "best friend" is sleeping with his stepmom. I too am growing to love the Casablancas clan.

2. CherylJ

CherylJ Stunt Coordinator

Upon rewatching this episode, that scene is even more hilarious the second time around. It's as if Big Dick has been waiting for this moment and he has his big exit all planned out, even down to the "Just keep shredding! Shred it! Shred everything." All with poor Beaver standing there in complete confusion. Big Dick's grand exit on the helicopter was pretty exciting, and I think the episode should have ended there, because Veronica going to Duncan in his hotel room seemed almost anti-climactic.

Then again, Duncan always seems, er, anti-climactic.

Putting Logan in a towel for his confrontation with Veronica was the real genius move, though. Whoever on the writing staff is pushing to have Logan undressed more this season deserves a big raise. [/shallow]

3. David Rosen

David Rosen Agent

Then again, it may just be a red herring and I have been thinking way too much about this...

4. CherylJ

I am casting my vote for "total red herring" and I'm going to disagree with your speculation. (We don't have to spoilerize anything that is pure speculation, do we?)

I think Veronica is going to think she was the target of the bus crash -- and will suspect that Aaron is behind it to get rid of her before his trial (and may even suspect that Logan was involved b/c he's the go-to bad guy and there is that ominous "I'm gonna miss you" comment) . . . but I think something else entirely is going on with the bus crash. Somehow that will relate to Guttenberg and/or the Casablancas family, but I have absolutely no idea how or why.

The Felix murder may or may not play into this, or may just be a background issue that keeps the class warfare going as a subplot and keeps Logan and Weevil engaged as arch-enemies. Lord knows, Weevil needs something to do. (Where is he?)

5. David Rosen

David Rosen Agent

I only spoilerized my speculation because of the casting spoiler I put in there.

6. CherylJ

Oh, right, gotcha. [​IMG] I guess I knew that already and didn't even think about it being a spoiler.

7. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I'm thinking this season is going to be more like 24... in that they'll clear up mysteries and open up a whole bunch of new ones. For example, I suspect the bus situation could be cleared up by the middle of the season, but a whole bunch of new stuff related to it will arise.

This season's getting even better.

The ratings appear to have been holding for the 3rd week in a row. It's destorying the WB competition, but still is in 5th place (obviously). Not bad considering it's in such a competitive time slot. I wonder if the ratings will start to go up now that season 1 is out on DVD.

8. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

I was just watching the reairing, and for the first time I looked at the doodles accompanying the new additions to the opening credits.

Dick -- a guy surfing.

Beaver -- a fedora and a camera.

Jackie -- a bottle of pills.

The sigificance of Dick's is obvious. Beaver's seems pretty generic (like Wallace's, which is just a chalk outline of a body) but it could mean he's going to start helping at Mars Investigations. But Jackie's seems to be a pretty major clue about what's up with her.

9. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Matt Stone
    Interesting, Sean. I hadn't thought to check out the drawings during the opening credits.

10. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Thomas
    Thanks for pointing that out, Sean! I have screencaps of the drawings now:

Drawings

11. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

That's cool. You know i'd never even noticed the drawings before lol.

12. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    It is highly unlikely that the bus was hijacked. If he had been targetting Veronica, he would not have bothered to hi-jack the bus and drive it off the cliff without her. It is much more likely that the bus was somehow "rigged" to go off of the cliff by the former stunt coordinator.

Regards,

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

10/19/05

Yay! We got Mac, even if it was 3:30 in the middle of the night.

Veronica's case was okay, she got to have fun with her damsel-in-distress ruse. Why wasn't she using a USB memory stick to swipe off the guy's info instead of burning it to a CD. That Bloch woman was rich and shallow.

So "Cher"'s boyfriend did turn out to be Wallace's dad. Hmm...

So why did Keith's investigation only turn up the dad's cover story, I guess Keith wasn't doing his due dilligence and stopped when he found what he wanted to find.

So what is up with Duncan hanging around Meg's hospital room all this time. And did we know she survived the bus "accident"? from last week's episode? I thought everyone had perished.

So what is up with that unknown Echols phone number that VM came across, thanks to the trail that Weevil provided? I love Logan's sarcasm.

I was right about Alicia being called "Cher" by the dad, we learned it was short for "Cherie".

14. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I think it was the second episode it was stated that Meg had survived and was in a coma.

15. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Thomas
    At the beginning of the second episode, Veronica was narrating: "If a bus is going off a cliff, how much time did the students have to grasp their situation? If anyone made peace with their maker, only one voice got heard."

Then, Duncan came in, and Veronica asked, "How's Meg?" "Still unconscious, but she hanging in there."

16. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

I'm not too thrilled about the Fennel thread -- having Wallace's long lost father turn up alive and well is just a little too soapy for my taste. The writers better have an original explanation for his mother's lies to make up for it.

But other than that, it was a great episode. I especially liked that they brought back Wallace's and Meg's siblings. I'd forgotten that Wallace had a younger brother until I was watching the DVDs. He only appeared once in the first season, and I was starting to think he'd gone to the cornfield to play cards with Chuck Cunningham. And I actually think Lizzie is a more interesting character than Meg.

I wonder if Trina might still have a private line in the house?

I'm almost positive Logan was lying about being at the beach party -- his description of it is identical to the opening scene of Credit Where Credit's Due. Whether he's lying because he's the one who called Weevil, or has other reasons I don't know.

17. CherylJ

18. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I believe it's episode 9 that she's set for. Then again she might have just had a small role to play in the grand scheme of things.

Ratings appear to have been 2.7/4 in the overnights. The last three episodes this season were 2.6/4 (with a little over 3 million in total viewers). That's a large step up from last season's average of 2.4 million total viewers. [​IMG] Season 3 looks to be likely. **CROSSES FINGERS**

19. CherylJ

From your, uh, fingers to Dawn Ostroff's ears. I would really like VM to show solid and consistent ratings improvement over the season, as maybe people have caught up on the S1 DVDs and are tuning in now. I hope.

It must be incredibly difficult to sustain a show at this level of complexity in plotting and characterization, but they deserve at least three seasons, I would think. But I feel lucky that we were blessed with a second season, because most shows I like this much (My So-Called Life, Freaks and Geeks, Cupid) tend to be of the "early cancellation" variety.

20. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

It bears repeating that it was a boneheaded decision to street the 1st season DVD's after the 2nd season has already started. Folks who first caught the show on DVD, liked it, and decided to watch it might be put off jumping in right now as they've already missed a handful of episodes. I'm a perfect example of this. I watched 24 for the first time on DVD, and finished in time to flow right into S2 broadcasts. If I hadn't come across the S1 DVD's until a few episodes into S2, I'd have skipped S2 broadcasts. Why do some shows just seem to always have the deck stacked against them? I haven't started watching yet this year (I'm saving them up), but I do hope the show sticks around.