What's new

Veronica Mars Season 2 (1 Viewer)

David Rosen

Agent

I don't know about that, but I was surprised when that little thread wasn't mentioned again after that scene. Makes you think that it is a huge clue...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My assumption with that scene was that it only served as a clue for Wallace to put together the note left on the girl's windshield with the reporter's notepad having the same type of paper. And if the reporter in the convenience store had a notepad, why would he write VM's name on his hand? :)

David Rosen

Agent
Good catch! I totally forgot about that... now the whole Wallace story makes sense! I thought that maybe the reporter had written some stuff down about the accident and that Wallace grabbed the top sheet to see what had been written, but your explanation makes a lot more sense...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That's what I thought at first too. I had to kind of think about it afterward though - that whole plot thread moved rather quickly towards the end.

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
JP -

Thing is the first season really was amazing, so if you feel a little cold about the show now you may want to start at the beginning.

Edited - I see that my advice to watch Season 1 was previously made. Anyway ...

Aside - how the hell cares what Joss thinks? I mean I liked Buffy and all, but I have never understood the blind following of Whedon.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I caught up with this show over the summer and really enjoyed it. One of the best shows on tv. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the second season eps yet because my friends and I are all addicted to LOST, so I'll probably end up waiting for the dvds or catching the reruns. Kind of a bone-headed move having these two shows on at the same time, if you ask me - considering how many nights I can't find something decent on.

Also, count me as one of those closeted male GG fans. I came out one day and told my girlfriend I thought the gilmore girls were hilarious. She laughed at me, but it felt good to say it out loud.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I, too, thought Wallace would rub/shade the paper to see what the reporter had written.

Our local affiliate shows VM at 4pm on Wednesdays and repeats it Sunday nights at 10pm.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

He was the guy Veronica helped light a votive candle at the crash site at the beginning of the episode.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Another not disappointing episode. I hope Casablancas gets what's coming to him.

So it's so early in the season, can we really expect that Aaron Echolls was behind the bus crash?

And I think Ms. Bell's got the hair figured out. She looked especially fetching tonight. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
An okay episode, Cassidy unknowingly causes his father's house of cards to fold in enlisting Veronica's help in unmasking Kendall's dalliances. Veronica finds out about Logan and Kendall. Logan showed a smidgeon of remorse for what happened in Lilly's death after he and Duncan got into an in-class scuffle.

I like Veronica in green. Plus, her hair has finally grown out so she can style it with more flair.

Old threads:

Veronica is now convinced that the bus sabotage was meant to kill her.

New threads:

Alicia has someone who knows her as "Cher" in Chicago, and is now on her scent.

Jackie might be playing Wallace, and Veronica is suspicious of her when she shows up with another guy at the restaurant.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Alright...

I picked up Season 1 on DVD today so that I could start from the beginning because my wife and I felt somewhat lost.

I have tonight's ep taped (thought the preview online was cute).

At the urging of the folks on here...and my buddy Joel...I have decided to give it another shot. :)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
That's funny, I thought the guy was saying "Sheriff", meaning Keith, and Keith was just ignoring him. Oh well, it'll be explained in due course.

Rob

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I thought he was saying "Sheri" or "Sherry" and shortened it to "Sher" later on.

So how does Veronica figure that the bus crash was meant to kill her? Moran was instructed by Aaron to pay off the bus driver to drive off the cliff?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

That's what it looks like to me. Obviously things aren't always as they seem, but Moran was a friend of Aaron's, and had performed the same stunt before. Now, the real question is who beat him to death and why.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

Since the bus driver wasn't trying to commit suicide, and apparently wasn't an idiot, I doubt it. Moran performed a similar stunt in The Long Haul and walked away from it, so I'm guessing he hijacked the bus, drove it over the side, and escaped just like he did in the movie.

Or at least that's what Veronica thinks.

I still think Gia was the target, and the nasty smell Dick complained about has something to do with it.

The amazing thing about this episode is how jam-packed it was. I remember last season when she was working on Lynn Echolls' disappearance, the Lilly Kane murder, her mystery of the week, and her father's mystery of the week at the same time, but this episode had even more plots. It's like watching a plate spinner. And they still managed to give the Dandy Warhols a musical number!

I just hope this Casablancas plot going for a while -- they're all great characters. I love Mr. Casablancas running down the hall telling everyone to shred their documents, then running up to a helicopter that's warmed up and ready to go -- leaving Beaver standing there trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator

I KNOW! [/monicagellar]

This show packs SO much plot into every episode. There are enough storylines in this episode that would have taken most shows a whole season to plow through. Veronica gets taken in for questioning by Lamb about the death of Curly Moran. Logan and Duncan fight. Logan tells Duncan the real reason he's pissed is about Duncan abandoning him in his time of need. Veronica finds out about Logan and Kendall. Veronica actually confronts Logan about it! Wow. Meanwhile . . . Veronica learns that Curly Moran knew Aaron and worked with him and staged a stunt about a bus going off a cliff . . . and of course, while all this is going on, Veronica unravels a massive real estate fraud and takes down Big Dick Casablancas. And poor Beaver can't catch a break.

Whew. This show makes me dizzy. But I really loved this episode, particularly Logan and Duncan fighting and actually talking about what's going on with the weirdness between them, and most of all the scene of Veronica and Logan in his bedroom. She finally confronted him directly for once and didn't run away from the problem. She could have left a message on his voicemail telling him to watch his back, but instead she waltzed right into his bedroom.

Of course, we know that Casa Echolls has a big old security gate and it's a mystery how she got in through that gate, but I'll just imagine that there was a code and she knew it from dating him and he didn't bother to change it. Or something. And the real estate part of the MOTW was really implausible that Veronica could have uncovered the Sandpiper house of cards that easily, but okay, that's probably too confusing to get into much detail in a show that has NO time for exposition.

I love this show so much, and it just keeps getting better. I thought this episode ranked among the better ones from last season, which means it was mighty good. I can't wait to see where the go next. And that Alicia stuff was a big shock. Does *everybody* in this town have some major secret? Seems like it.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
Shirtless Logan again this week? You spoil me, Rob :emoji_thumbsup:

Much better episode than the first two, and I really liked Big Dick not caring about the affair, and just trying to get his ass outta there as fast as possible.

I'm really intrigued with where the Alicia thing is going. At first I thought it was Wallace's father, but then I remembered that he's dead. Or is he? ;)

Obviously Aaron didn't have anything to do with the bus thing because they'd never reveal their hand this early, but I'm really interested as to see where they're going to go with this.

Love Cassidy, and the fact that he can never catch a break. The scene where Dick Jr waved at his father and then Cassidy tried but was ignored was both sad and hilarious. I wonder how he's going to feel about Logan doing his stepmother?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks