What's new

Veronica Mars season 1 (ongoing thread) (1 Viewer)

Tony_La

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one looking forward to this new show? Sounds kinda interesting. It premieres on Wednesday (9/22) at 8pm CST before moving to it's regular slot of Tuesdays at 8pm CST next week.

I saw Kristen Bell in the Lifetime movie Gracie's Choice, and she was pretty good in it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking forward to it - the buzz is good, I like the actor playing Veronica's father, and it's a Joel Silver production so there's no way it's going to look as cheap as a lot of UPN shows.

I thing it'll do pretty well; there's a Buffy-shaped void for this to fill on the TV-schedule.

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
You are not the only one, Tony, but given the responses to this thread , it is not on many people’s list. EW said that Veronica’s character was like a teen Karen Sisco. While I think this means I’ll probably really like this show, it may spell doom for its success since Sisco lasted all of 6 or 8 episodes. Alas, such is the fate of most new shows I enjoy. Another one few are talking about is Life as We Know it.

Anyway, I’ll be tuned in and will leave some thoughts here after tomorrow.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll be recording it, but the Tuesday night slot is murder for me. I'd rather it be on Wedneday night.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I have also heard the good buzz, so I will check it out.

I don't get the "Karen Sisco" factor, where the female lead is too tough to appeal to guys. She was sexy as hell. Does that mean most guys are pussies?

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
Quentin, it'll be on tonight but then start it's regular time slot of Tuesday next week. I'm not sure why this is. I'm sure someone knows. Maybe they figured everyone would be too busy checking out their Star Wars DVDs last night.

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator

She was sexy as hell, and also one of the most interesting and complex female characters on TV in a long time. I just think people are comfortable with certain female stereotypes and have a hard time with anything else. That's too bad really. When actors complain that there are no good female roles, they need not blame the networks but the audiance. They just don't watch.

If VM is half as good as Sisco, though, I'll watch for as long as its on the air. *sigh*

Cindy V

Agent
It is on my record list tonight. I had a lot to record on Monday and tonight, too many good/new shows at the same time. However, yesterday nothing appealed to me and I watched a mystery on PBS.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I know UPN hasn't generally aired anything entertaining since the 2002-2003 season but a new show has premiered tonight that I have fallen in love with show named Veronica Mars. Guys, this show is absolutely fantastic and I urge you all to check it out. It's funny, intriguing, and wholly, wholly original. It manages to sidestep just about every cliche that it might have fallen into and does it with style. Everything about this show is just so great. It has this underground cult appeal similar to Wonderfalls (I probably just jinxed it for good). And now that we're all familiar with the new network equation (Great show + small yet strong fanbase + unstellar ratings for the first 2 episodes = cancellation) I really do urge you all to check it out. Don't be offput by the fact that next week's episode guest star's Paris Hilton because this show is really just great. As of writing this, the series premiere is only in it's third commercial break. It's really that good. Please, please, please, check it out next week. It's the one good thing on UPN 9/8c Wednesdays.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyhow, very promising pilot episode, good intro to an already complex teenage female PI with plenty of traumatic life experiences, but appears to have been able to deal with those curveballs and keeps on hacking.

I'll be tuning in for more of that cute lil' marshmallow...

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I thought it was a good first episode. The mystery of the best friend's death will keep me watching, as will the very likeable Kristen Bell. I sure hope Paris Hilton doesn't have much screentime in next week's episode, though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I thought it was pretty good, but I too would rather it stayed on Wednesdays. I work on Tuesdays and always forget to set the tape. If it stayed on Wednesdays, I'd have a perfect night of "Lost," "Veronica Mars," and "CSI:NY".

MattGentry

Second Unit
Really, quite a good show.

Much better than I was expecting, and it definitely caught me off guard. Funny, entertaining, and sets up quite a nice little arc (should it decide to continue along those measures).

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
They probably wanted to premiere it after their top-rated America's Next Top Model in hopes that more people will check it out. Then promo Paris to get them to follow it to Tuesday in case they're weren't quite sold.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
If you missed it, I believe they are re-airing the pilot once or twice over the next week. MTV is showing it at 7:00 PM EDT on Tuesday the 28th. My local UPN affiliate in Detroit is also re-airing it on Sunday the 26th at 7:00 PM EDT.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks