What's new

Veronica Mars (2014) (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'd pony up some serious dough for the right venture. I did for the most recent riff tracks kick starter, and Veronica Mars. If someone ran a Kickstarter for the right film, I'd be all over it. There are kick starters I'm just waiting for if they ever happen.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Took in the 9:45 showing with a nearly full house at Tyson's Corner AMC, outside DC. I went to see the 7pm showing, but it was sold out but for the first three rows. Enjoyed Veronica Mars. A better than average job of converting a TV series show into a two hour movie, with some good fan service. Several jokes I got; others I struggled with, not remembering the show too well.I can't do spoiler tags at the moment, so I'll save a couple pointed comments for later. Impressive job of getting seemingly the entire cast back together, plus a few bonus cameos. Hope they do well enough to make a sequel.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was neat to go back to Neptune, even if it was for only a couple of hours.

While I haven't been all that moved by much of Kristen Bell's other roles in the past decade, she was so born to play the part of Veronica Mars. Loved seeing all the VM alumni making their appearances.

The film itself was okay, the mystery was played out fairly straight. I didn't like the lighting in most of the footage in the first half of the film, but for the budget, they still were able to make an entertaining film.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Ended up 10th with $2 million. Not bad for under 300 screens though.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Is that just theater ticket sales, or does it include digital downloads?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Sounds like they could have made a hell of a lot more money in wider release.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No other movie chain wanted to touch it due to simulataneous release in other streaming outlets.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
schan1269 said:
At least two of us have no idea what that means...
Make that 3.

AMC 30 in Olathe near us has it on 2 screens, one of their big screens and then a Cinema Suite theater.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I believe that four walling is when the studio basically 'rents' a screen at a movie theater to play their movie and they don't have to share any of the ticket money with the theater because they've already paid to rent the screen.

For what it's worth, I have no clue if that's what Veronica Mars did.

EDIT: I took a look at Wikipedia and I got the gist of it correct. Click on the link for a better explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_wall_distribution

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Yes sorry - its when someone pays a flat rental fee for a theater and then keeps all the $ brought in, rather than the traditional split with the theater owner.

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
So before

Veronica's Dad got into the accident, did anyone else notice that the car he was in with the informant was in what looked like an underground parking lot? At first I thought they were just in his garage and when they drove out it was near his house.

It just didn't look right.

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
damn do spoiler tags work here?

edit: got it working. Thx Edwin-S!

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
TravisR said:
Instead of using " < " and " > " around the word spoiler, use the " [ " and " ] " and it'll work.
Thx. I tried both but it still shows. Weird.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
I quite liked it as somebody who hasn't seen any of the TV show. A solid 3/5 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks