What's new

Verdict? Posters on walls inside HT (1 Viewer)

Eddie L

Stunt Coordinator
What's the consensus?
Do they work on the side walls?
Too much glare from the screen?
Even with non-glare glass?
Or does non-glare wash out the poster?
Thanks,
Ed

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I used to have'em up on the side walls, but got tired of covering them and uncovering them for viewings. So, they all came down. Glare was the problem. Not sure how non-glare glass would work but I'd think you'd still get a visible distraction.

Peace Out~:D

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I've always had them on the left side of my theater and never noticed a problem. Check my HT web site to see the location.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
ED,

I have two illuminated posters to either side of our screen. There is image reflection from the screen, but does not cause distractions or complaints.

Chet Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
I have several posters with metal frames and have never had a problem with glare. I have noticed when I have soffett lighting on a slight reflection from one frame to the screen. Since I never have the lighting on while viewing a movie then it is not a problem.

Link Removed

Eddie L

Stunt Coordinator
looks like I'm back on da fence
nice theatre guys!!
Darren.....haven't seen this one before
much WAF input?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I had them on the front wall in the old setup. I would personally set up on the back wall only of my new setup, just to minimize any and all distractions.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I have some on the side and on the back, I don't find them distracting. The closer ones to the front "glare"... I'm not sure what to call it. Basically you can see the screen in it. But it doesn't reflex light as the plastic is not really reflective enough.

It does not bother me one bit, I look at the screen, not around the room :)

Jon Gum

Stunt Coordinator
Eddie -

I have non-glare glass posters on the sides without any problems. However, they are not at the mid-point between my seats and the TV either, which helps a lot. I would say that they are about at the 3/4 mark closer to the seats than the TV. I found that any glare that may be present is not even noticable that far over in my peripheral vision.

My guess would be that the people with issues are those that have a narrow and/or shallow room that made the posters hang at the prime reflection point.

Jon

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Jon, I should have mentioned that, mine are VERY close to the seats, I tested by running a video and moving the picture along the wall till it was barely noticeable.

Eddie L

Stunt Coordinator
I tested by running a video and moving the picture along the wall till it was barely noticeable.
Good idea James.
Just like the mirror and speaker trick, I've read about.
If the poster glares in a certain position I can just hang a hunk of memorabilia in that spot, or...nothing at all
OK, satisfied with all the answers you all gave me.
Thank you for your time.
Done here.
Ed

I've got a few posters on my walls as well. They are non-glare (so no relections off the screen) and set behind the viewer beyond peripheral sight. I try to have nothing reflective visible in direct or perpheral sight.

Idea: You could put your posters along the entryway to your theater rather than inside.

jk3

www.y2kfam.com/theater.htm

Hi,
I have posters and 8x10's on all my walls, and I don't have any glare, I also have my TV 10 inchs up in the wall, so I don't know if that helps with not seeing any glare. Check out my theater and you'll see all the posters and pics.
Randy
my theater

BrianKR

Second Unit
I am going to add posters in my room on the back and side walls but not infront of the first row of seating.

Randy, are they pre-made DVD Racks or did you build or have them built? Nice room!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks