What's new

Verbatim to release single-sided 8.55GB DVD-R ! (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I don't think bias enters into it, because PC World runs advertising from all companies, including backers of "-" and backers of "+".

John Parris

Stunt Coordinator
This gets my vote for HTF Best Thread Hijack, Jan. 2004 :D

Anyhow-- the + vs. - compatibility debate is not going to end any time soon. It's been beaten to death on more forums than I care to count.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it won't end soon. I too use only (-)

Here's a reason: XBox will play (-) won't play +
PS2 will play BeAll (-) but won't play (+)
and my parents DVD Player (panasonic) will play (-) but not (+)

So far, I'm (-) or no one can play.

My Sony player at home (Psyche) will play either, but my Panasonic changer will only play (-)

*shrug*

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
You give them more credit than I do. I cancelled my subscription because their reviews just to happened to always be favorable to certain companies in their reviews.

I still will not give a one-line comment from PC World more credibility than the many web sites and ezines that performed extensive testing with numerous combinations of hardware and media. Just because it's from PC World doesn't mean it's gospel.

I'm curious to see how the DVD Forum reacts to this. They had better do it quickly. That's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks