What's new

Venus Wars DVD... (1 Viewer)

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I was thinking of picking up The Venus Wars, but I found that there was two versions, one released in 1998 and one in 2003. 1998 seems to be out of print but reviews have it listed as non-anamorphic 1.85:1. The 2003 version seems to be listed as 4:3 or full frame at some stores. Can anyone confirm that the current version is indeed MAR? If so, I'll look around for the old version... Thanks!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Venus Wars, a spectacular action packed movie, one of my favorite animes,
my region 1 copy had a 2002 date on the cover and was 1.85 non-anamorphic,
2 channel stereo sound.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply Steve. Could you tell me which one of these is the version you own?

Thanks, I appreciate it...

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
You could ask this in the "Anime Discussion" thread, you know. Those of us who frequent it do that all the time. I do not believe in the existence of a full-frame version of this film, certainly not in the West and probably not in Japan. I have the U.S. laserdisc, from Central Park Media ["U.S. Manga Corps"] through Image Entertainment, and it seems to have been made from a hard-matte theatrical projection print. The subtitles [burned in on the LD] are mostly below the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks