Venting for projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Gary Shipley, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley Second Unit

I recently ran a thread concerning my Sanyo PLV-60 cycling up and down after a couple hours of use. After speaking to a Sanyo rep, I found it was normal for this to happen and that I probably needed to vent the hot air from the projector while providing cool air for the intake.I got a couple of responses to the thread agreeing with that. What I need to know is what should I use to vent the hot air. Are we talking about something like a bathroom exhaust fan, or something else? I did run across exhaust fans that are supposed to be "whisper quiet", but am concerned that it will be too noisy.Is there something else out there I don't know about? Please help.

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Gary, I just read a thread at AVS forum about guys using a small fan blowing right on their Z1 projectors. It was a theory to help reduce early bulb failure on their Z1 projectors.

3. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    What's your set-up like? Where is the PJ mounted?

4. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

I use a small computer fan, about 2 1/2" across, to push cooler air through my pj, through one of the intake vents It seems to work great.
    Vb

5. Gary Shipley

Gary Shipley Second Unit

Hi Ron. There is about 6 to 7 inches between the projector and the drop ceiling.And nothing to the left or right for around 7 feet, and nothing to the rear for at least 12 feet. The projector sits almost perfectly level, not with the back end angled toward the ceiling.