What's new

velodyne sub vs Supercube III (1 Viewer)

Bud Millis

Auditioning
I found a Velodyne 12" 125 watt sub (1997) thats been reconditioned and tested with a price tag of $275.00 (comes with a 30 day warranty). The store that has this is a very good store and has a good rep. They also have a DT Super Cube III for $675.00.

Not having purchased a used speaker before, I don't know what I should do. The Velodyne sounds good. Also if I spend the extra $$ I have less for another upgrade.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
For $275 it had better be perfect. That's on the high side, but may reflect some reconditioning. If they dusted it off, not so hot. If they gave it a new foam surround (if not rubber) ir completely teched the amp, then maybe. If it's a top of the line unit like a ULD or something....?

mylan

Screenwriter
Everything is relative. I have a Velodyne HGS 10, 1000 watt amp, piano black finish that was purchased in 1998 for $1,100 new (retailed for $1,700) that has been reconditioned and the amp section upgraded that I might take $700 for. $275 sounds good depending on features, otherwise one of the new DLS series might be a better choice.

mackie

Supporting Actor
If it was repaired by an authorized dealer/service shop go ahead an give it a try. It's only $275. I have a Velodyne SPL 1000 II and it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks