What's new

velodyne spl12 or sunfire architectural sub (1 Viewer)

SC Trojan

Agent
Real Name
Gary
Need comments, suggestions/recommendations on these two subs. I can NOT get a SVS sub because wife is already upset with the 7 planar speaker HT setup in my condo.
Need SMALL fast sealed sub to match with my BG planars. Although I would love to go with an SVS, need something small. Narrowed it down to the velodyne spl1200($650) or the sunfire architectural ($750). Both are sealed unlike the regular sunfire subs.
Anybody with any recommendations? Havent heard either one of these subs since no dealers in my area stock these two. My preamp has outputs for two subs, so that will come into play when I get some more $$$. But for now, one will have to do.
My preamp crosses the sub at 80hz. That is not adjustable. thanks in advance.

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
i already heard the spl1200 and it is really a good sub. Tom Nousaine also had a good review of this sub. i don't think that you can go wrong with this sub if size is your consideration. For the sunfire, i have not heard this model so i can't comment.

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
I too have heard the spl1200 - very nice sub.
I haven't heard the sunfire - but I have read that it is supposed to be a pretty good sub. But in my opinion, Velodyne = Good Subs!
By the way - where are you getting it for that good of a price? E-mail if you don't want to post it.
Thanks,
Bryan

CarlS

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Vel SPL1200 and could not be happier with it. If you can get it for $650, it is an absolute steal. I paid around $1100 for mine.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Another thumbs up for the velodyne SPL1200. I have the sub and it works great. I also got mine for a real good price due to an online company's mistake and they offered this sub to me at a great price to compensate. I couldn't be happier with it.
Even TV will tell you to get it for that price.
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

CraigR

Agent
Gary,
I had an almost identical situation in that I wanted to get the SVS sub but my wife said absolutely not. Ended up with the Velo. SPL1200 and have been very happy with it. BTW where are you getting a price of $ 650 for this sub? That must be dealer cost.
Craig
[Edited last by CraigR on September 15, 2001 at 10:28 AM]

SC Trojan

Agent
Real Name
Gary
I got a friend of a friend of a friend who owns an audio shop. Since it is no longer in business, he is willing to sell me the velodyne at that price. Only one left, so I need to make my decision quick. thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks