Velodyne HGS Owners - ir Remote Option?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jerry Klawiter, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

Ok, I need the Velodyne HGS owners to step forward.
    If you purchased the remote option for the 10" or 12" HGS
    sub, what does the ir receiver look like?
    Or those that have the 15" or 18" it should have been standard.
    I have a pronto pro and really would rather not purchase another remote just to sit in the drawer, I have the ccf's, but what kind of ir receiver is used here?
    Looking to purchase or make one on a simple budget.
    And if you purchased the HGS remote option and have leads to prices and online links feel free to advise.
    I have not even seen a picture of one of these.
    Thanks for your time[​IMG]
    Jerry

2. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

Jerry,

I don't have a picture of the ir receiver, but if you wanna see a pic of the remote, go to ebay and type in "Velodyne HGS". Then click on "completed items" on the left hand side. There have been a few recent sales of the remote.

Randy

3. Mike OConnell

Mike OConnell Second Unit

Mike
    Jerry:

I am a little confused about your question. Does the 10" or 12" come with the reciever and not the remote, or does the option include installation of the receiver. The receiver on my HGS-18 is on the lower right hand corner by the blue "on" light.

If you have the CCF's, really no reason to buy the separate remote.

I have programmed my Pronto TSU-2000 to control the sub, with the exact same commands and the remote that came with my HGS-18. Works great.

Mike

4. Michael Roderiques

Michael Roderiques Stunt Coordinator

HGS remote systems.

Here is the scoop on HGS remotes.

All HGS products have the remote functions built into them. It is actually built into the preamp section of the amplifier.

On HGS 10 and 12 units, no IR components are installed on the system. You will need to purchase from a Velodyne dealer the remote function kit from Velodyne. Yes it will come with the transmitter. It is a kit and sells for around $65.00, (guesstimate) see your local dealer for the actual price. The receiver is set up on a 3-meter plug in cable. It has an IR receiver and an LED. The actual IR unit is made like an “L” to be placed on the edge of a shelf or some similar point.

On the HGS15 and 18 models the full remote components are built into the unit. The IR receiver is located in the upper right corner of the sub as you face the unit. Pull the grill, you will see the 1” round window.

This kit can be used on all HGS units if needed. It does not work on any other Velodyne units.

The hand held part will work on any Velodyne product; they all use the same digital code for functions.

On the back of the unit, you will see a small mini-plug marked remote. This is where the remote plugs into the unit. DO NOT PLUG ANYTHING other than a Velodyne remote kit into it. Plugging in a 12V trigger or other component could damage the unit.

5. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

Thanks for all the replies so far.
    I should have been more clear.
    I have the HGS 10, these do not come with the ir
    option installed,
    I do not need the remote, I would rather not purchase it.
    What kind of ir receiver is used?
    Does it look like a normal ir blaster that some DSS receivers come with?
    I would like to see what the receiver looks like from the kit, maybe it's just a standard ir receiver?

It was my mistake in thinking that the kit is included in the 15"/18" sub's, When it's actually built in, and not the same as the add-on option.

Anyone have a picture of the ir receiver with the mini plug on the end?