Velodyne F-1200

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Douglas Boulanger, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Douglas Boulanger

Hello all,

I have the chance to purchase a Velodyne f-1200 for about $300. I have NHT super One's, Super Two's and a HK DD Receiver. Is this a good sub? I listen to music and HT equally. Thanks, Doug

2. Tom C

Tom C Stunt Coordinator

I have the F-1000 with NHT's 1C (center), 1.3 (l & r), and Zeros (l & r surrounds). I’ve always been happy with it, but it's about ten years old. I would think that the F-1200 is pretty close to that. Newer subs would be better, but a comparable one to the F-1200 maybe be costly. On the other hand if it's in good shape $300 is not bad considering it probably went for about $900 new or more new. Give it a good listen.

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Assuming it's in good condition,you'd be hard pressed to find a better performing subwoofer for that price. It's not going to have the capability to approach reference levels in a medium size room or anything,but it will extend low and sound good up to it's performance limits.

TV

4. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

I have a F-1500. I don't use the sub for music; only HT. My brother has a F-1200 and it is a good performer.