What's new

Velodyne F-1200 (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

I have the chance to purchase a Velodyne f-1200 for about $300. I have NHT super One's, Super Two's and a HK DD Receiver. Is this a good sub? I listen to music and HT equally. Thanks, Doug

Tom C

Stunt Coordinator
I have the F-1000 with NHT's 1C (center), 1.3 (l & r), and Zeros (l & r surrounds). I’ve always been happy with it, but it's about ten years old. I would think that the F-1200 is pretty close to that. Newer subs would be better, but a comparable one to the F-1200 maybe be costly. On the other hand if it's in good shape $300 is not bad considering it probably went for about $900 new or more new. Give it a good listen.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Assuming it's in good condition,you'd be hard pressed to find a better performing subwoofer for that price. It's not going to have the capability to approach reference levels in a medium size room or anything,but it will extend low and sound good up to it's performance limits.

TV

JohanK

Second Unit
I have a F-1500. I don't use the sub for music; only HT. My brother has a F-1200 and it is a good performer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks