What's new

Velodyne CT-100 vs. Sony SA-WM40 (1 Viewer)

Tom Vandogreen

Auditioning
What would be the best pick out of these subs ? Both sounded the same in the store.
It will only be used for home theater.
Thanks

Trey Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I think they should. I have heard both in the same room, actually I heard both in two rooms, one on A and one on B. Let me say the velodyne is a better subwoofer. I own an svs 20-39 PC so I will always use that as my standard, but for the money, I would get the sony. In fact I think 2 sony's would be better than one Velo for near the same money. At the price point of the ct-100, I would look at the adire rava for a powered sub.
The only draw back I saw to the sony was the cover will rattle when the bass is heavy, especially during deep passages. And the sony bottoms out earlier than the velo, but with 2...

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I have the Velo CT-100 and really like it. I do wish I had bought it about 9 months later because they're clearanced out now to make room for the newer ones. I think this is why they're being compared.
Compared to an SVS though, they suck!!! Compared to two, they **** their pants.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks