What's new

Velodyne CT-100 10" 150W powered sub-woofer (1 Viewer)

rjaco

Grip
Real Name
Randy Jaco
I have a chance to buy one of these subs for $75 and wondered what you guys think. Will be used in 15'x15' room. If this can get my by for awhile, I can upgrade next year. My only concern is it is 4-6 years old. I do think the price is fair. What do you guys think?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hmmm... I have a CT-80 that I used in an 11x23x8 room for a while. While it does not compare to my current SVS, it did a decent job. I could only get it down to about 30hz, so it was lacking a bit, but for $75 and the fact that it is a bit bigger than mine, I would say go for it. I still use it for music in my basement.

However (isn't there always something).... I was having problems with the auto on feature of the amp. The signal would be recognized (the light turned from red to green), but I would get no sound until I switched it off and on. It always worked after that and it is 10 years old now, so I doubt it is a common problem, but I figured I should let you know.

BTW - The original price for my CT-80 was over $400 and I got a deal. I believe the MSRP was over $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks