1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Velodyne CHT-8 8" Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Reid K, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Reid K

Reid K Stunt Coordinator

Okay Iam getting my sub tonight, and after long searching I found one of the few JBL PB10 subs left in edmonton, a floor model but I still get the warranty, and a 10% discount. However on the phone the salesman recomended the Velodyne CHT-8 8" Subwoofer instead, but still put the JBL on hold for me. I tried to find some reviews on the Velodyne CHT-8 8" Subwoofer but no luck, and was wondering if some of you could help me out. Is it worth the extra 150$ canadian dollars?

2. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Reid I have seen many issues come up with the JBL subs here on the Forum over the past few years. The call has to be yours. If you went JBL it would most likely be fine but keep my past remark in mind. Problems come up with electronics and no sub or product is immune. I run Velodyne and had to send a amp back once. Customer service and history will help guide.

3. Reid K

Reid K Stunt Coordinator

Okay thanks. He said he will set them both up for me and everything but they do run on commission so that is why I think he recomended the Velodyne CHT-8 8" Subwoofer. Which one do you think will give better bass (i love bass)

4. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

I could not say. I have herd the smaller cht can be on the boomy side but I have never listened to either of them. I hope the dealer has a room with four walls for perimeters for you to audition them both. Try to make sure the dealer does not try to make one sound better than the other to, so you can have a fair decision thought process. The dealer could truly be trying to steer you in the right direction. You be the judge. My first thought would be to go with the Velodyne but after auditioning them both I would be open to going with the JBL if it proved itself to me.