Velodyne CHT-15 or SVS PC+??

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Derek_OC, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Derek_OC

Derek_OC Extra

I can get the velodyne here locally at Circuit City for around $700 and i have heard what it can do. Plus it got a great review a few months ago in Sound and Vision. On the other hand all i here is good things about SVS. I listen to about a 50/50 music and movies mix, so i'm not sure how the Velodyne will be for music. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Derek

2. AndrewErickson

AndrewErickson Stunt Coordinator

SVS

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

There was a time when I ran dual ct-150's. They were great subs imo but they do not compare to a SVS+. One of my 25-31cs+'s would perform right at dual ct-150's and in the lower region material the SVS+ will surpass the dual Velo's and then some. Now your question is in relation to one CHT-15 Velo, so imo again and from my own in-room meter measurements they do not compare. The Velo is no slouch to be sure! It just cant compete with a SVS+ respectfully...

4. Derek_OC

Derek_OC Extra

Thanks guys for the quick replies. Looks like i'll be waiting another paycheck before my next purchase, but oh well its kinda what i wanted to hear anyway hehe.

Thanks again,
    Derek

5. Richard_B

Richard_B Stunt Coordinator

I just got my SVS 25-31PC+ last night. I have not got to fully calibrate the sub yet or play with location much but this thing rocks. I would definitely say go with the SVS.