What's new

Velodyne CHT-12 vs JBL S120 PII (1 Viewer)

JohMabe

Stunt Coordinator
Basically my subwoofer choices come down to these two.
Well, not really, I can also buy the Infinity II 120S, the Alpha 1200S, the DCM TB1515. But that's it, I think the first two may be better options. So, which one would you guys choose?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I have heard some decent talk about the Infinity and it's capability but I would go with the Velo if it were my choice to make. The Polk subs are not very highly regarded but I have no experience with Polk. I used to run a couple of ct-150's and they came close to one SVS 25-31cs+ in the lower Hz. If your HT cubic ft is not to high The Velo would be my choice for what it is worth?

Joe Spratley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
test
Some of these are reviewed in Sound and Vision and Home Theater magazine current issues.

JohMabe

Stunt Coordinator
So, I need to get a final position on this. Which one should it be, the JBL or the Velodyne? For music only...

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Audition the Velodyne! I have the CHT-12 and use it mostly (80/20) for music. I find that for it's price point it does the job very nicely. ***DISCLAIMER!*** In my HK-525 setup however, I'm only using it to cover below the mains from 40Hz down, center 80Hz down and the rears 60Hz down. For music, the results is simply stunning!

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I would go with the Infinity IL120s. You can find them cheap on ebay and they have strong output down to 25hz. It also includes Infinity's RABOS which is a single band parametric eq to help reduce your room's most offensive peak. This will make a HUGE difference in perceived sound quality. I've used it with the IL100 and IL120 and found it to be very effective.

JohMabe

Stunt Coordinator
Oh really? The IL120 is one of the cheapest options available to me. What do the other people think about this? Velodyne CHT-12 vs IL120?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks