1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

velodyne and PSB what do you think

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Clyde_, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Clyde_

Clyde_ Auditioning

Hi all.
    I am new to this site and think it is a great place for info and opinions. I have been looking for new equipment and was considering the velodyne spl1200 and the PSB image series. I noticed nobody talks about these here. Can I get some pros and cons about these products.
    another speaker I would like to hear feedback on is the Revel f12.
    budget
    front and center 1000-1500
    sub 1000
    I will be using a Denon3806 in a room size of 12x19 10high.

thanks

2. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

I have the PSB Image 5ts. I am happy with them. They are a fairly netural speaker.

3. John S

John S Producer

If size is not a limit, for the money I like the velodyne DSL5000R much better than the spl1200. I am a sub fan though and run mine way hot compared to many out there though, so I place a lot of demand on my subs.

4. mackie

mackie Supporting Actor

I have the spl1000 v.II and am quite happy with it. There are less expensive subs that go lower and louder, but most of them are much larger. I don't want a sub the size of a coffee table in my room, so the Velodyne hits the mark for me.

5. Clyde_

Clyde_ Auditioning

Hi mackie,
    is the spl line of subs better than the DLS?
    cost more and has way more wattage.
    I did not want to go with the higher end DD or HGS I thought they would be over kill for me.
    I thought I had my mind made up about what to get but since I found this site I need to do a little more research.
    Thanks