What's new

VEI Disc Problems? (1 Viewer)

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
The only thing I've bought from VEI is the Cannon complete series DVD set, I purchased the original 31 disc set, not the reissued set that came out about a year later and has fewer discs with more episodes crammed on to the discs, not good so I'm glad I have the original set.

Anyhow, after I received the set I discovered there was a problem with one of the episodes on disc 3 of season 4, I contacted VEI and they told me they had corrected the problem and were issuing replacement discs, they sent me the replacement disc and everything is fine, I was pleased with their customer service.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Comments I've read about the Petrocelli DVD's seem to be mostly favorable so I went ahead and ordered a set, as far as I know I should be getting the original release, the one with the outer cardboard cover and two slipcases, one case for season 1 and the other for season 2, at least that's what I think I'm getting. Haven't seen Petrocelli since it's original run so I look forward to these and re-visit the series.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I received the Petrocelli set today, it is the original release but I had thought each season had it's own plastic case, as it turns out both seasons are housed inside one plastic case. But that's OK, main thing is it arrived in good shape and nothing is broken or damaged. I'll take some time during the weekend and watch some episodes.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
That's the way mine came as well!

Maybe that's how VEI has always packaged this set, all the discs inside one case. My set has the brown color scheme which I assume is the original release, the later release has the color scheme changed to blue.

It's too bad that the pilot movie doesn't have it's original opening credits, don't know what happened there but aside from that this appears to be an excellent DVD set.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
My set has the brown color scheme which I assume is the original release, the later release has the color scheme changed to blue.

My copy is of the latter design...

petrocelli1.jpg
petrocelli2.jpg

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee

I wonder why the package design was changed. Maybe someone at VEI didn't like the brown color scheme, I don't know why it was changed but I like the brown/original design a little more.

Petrocelli aired on NBC but looks like it should have aired on ABC, while Harry O aired on ABC but looks like it should have aired on NBC. I don't have the Harry O DVD's yet but am considering getting them.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Why do you think that Petrocelli looks like it should have been on ABC and not NBC?

To me, Petrocelli just has the ABC network look and style to it. And the lettering/font style that is seen in the credits of the Petrocelli episodes, unless I'm mistaken, wasn't this same or similar lettering style also used in other ABC network series credits during the 1970's? For example, the drama series Family aired on ABC, and if memory serves me correct that series has the same lettering/font style in the credits that Petrocelli has.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
To me, Petrocelli just has the ABC network look and style to it. And the lettering/font style that is seen in the credits of the Petrocelli episodes, unless I'm mistaken, wasn't this same or similar lettering style also used in other ABC network series credits during the 1970's? For example, the drama series Family aired on ABC, and if memory serves me correct that series has the same lettering/font style in the credits that Petrocelli has.

IINM, I think that said typeface was used also in the 1977-81 ABC dramedy Eight Is Enough (that w/the late Dick Van Patten).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks