What's new

Vegas Vacation? (1 Viewer)

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
Wasn't this released last week? I haven't seen any reviews and no one has been talking about it.
I found Christmas Vacation easy but no Vegas anywhere.
Anyone out there get it and how is it?
pic/sound/extras?
Thanks for your input!:)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
There was a problem with the supply, I guess. Those who ordered from Amazon.com only had it ship yesterday (at least that's what they told me). The availability from the supplier hasn't been too good.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I found the widescreen Vegas yesterday at Best Buy. It was seperate from the other "National Lampoon's" in the comedy section. Vegas Vacation Full Screen was in alphabetical order in the "N"s and the widescreen was in the "V"s.

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up my copy at BB (mixed in with the fullscreen copies). I was actually surprised at how good it looked. Colors & detail were very strong IMO. Not much to write home about in the audio department but it was very clean and easy to discern. No extras other than the anamorphic transfer and theatrical trailer.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I got it at Best Buy, where the widescreen version was filed under "N" (which threw me at first, because it's not "National Lampoon's...", it's just "Vegas Vacation").

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
What movies are you guys talking about? There is a National Lampoon box set? Are all 4 of them remastered? I bought Vacation and A Christmas Vacation. Are European and Vegas Vacations new and remastered too???
And I have watched the remastered version Of the original Vegas Vacation 20TH anniversary special edition and the picture quality on it is stellar! It looks like a movie that was released a year ago. They did a real good job with the transfer. I hope A Christmas Vacation looks as good.

Jodee

Screenwriter
European Vacation was originally released last year as a widescreen edition. The SE of the first Vacation movie came out in August (also finally in widescreen).

The new widescreen editions of Vegas & Christmas Vacation came out last week, and all 4 are available in a box set that was also supposed to have been released last week (but has been in short supply at retail for some reason).

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Okay so three of the four films are SE remastered widescreens? Is European going to be released as a SE?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Vacation, Vegas, and Christmas were released in 1997 as bare-bones fullframe DVD's.

The original and Christmas Vacation were re-released as special editions. European Vacation has always been widescreen.

Vegas Vacation is only getting a new 16x9 transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks