What's new

vegas /axiom timber match ??? (1 Viewer)

JoeyS

Auditioning
i had 10" large cerwin vegas for some time and used them primarily for music they sound GREAT, last year i purchsed a surround speaker set of axioms Q8's for the rear and vp150 for the center. the dialouge seems very low and i have been told that the vegas are very efficient and are drowning out my center. i was told the "timber" was not matched and this is why i have poor dialouge. do i have to give up my cerwin vegas? i can dj a party with these things and they really pump, i cannot pump some smaller axioms for great music! if i were to "timber match" which axioms will do the job?. even if i increase the db of the centers it helps but does not really sove the problem

please help

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
There's no resource available that would tell you if two different brands are timbre matched, it all has to be done by ear.

The vegas shouldn't drown out the center in dialogue since the center should be the only thing producign dialogue. Unless your playing 2 channel music through different brand speakers in which case I'd be against doing.

If you've matched the volume levels of the speakers and still notice poor sound it's because they are simply not timbre matched. (Sound quality is different)

If you want to pump music loud, then I'd use only the Cerwin vegas. When you're watching a movie the volume of the Vegas should be the same level as the other channels using a calibration disc or test noise.

The easiest solution to poor timbre matching would be to purchase speakers that are manufacturer specified to be "timbre matched".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks