What's new

International VEG/Shock's "Hollywood Gold" series upgrades titles to Blu (Australia) (1 Viewer)

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
classicmovieguy said:
Cover art for "Moby Dick":

attachicon.gif
timthumb.jpg
Our gigantic ratings logos really do ruin covers.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
My Australian LA DOLCE VITA from DaaVeeDee arrived. Had some friends over for a screening party. It's a drop dead gorgeous BD in glorious widescreen black and white. Quite of few tasty extras. Highly recommended!

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Does anyone know if VEG/Shock are going to continue the Hollywood Gold Series blu's? I have purchased several and have been pleased with the quality, as well being able to get BD's of films not released on BD in the US yet (Exodus, The Devils Brigade, etc). I know they just released Moby Dick and Inherit with Wind but beyond those I've not seen or heard much about future release.
Thanks in advance!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
They tend to announce their titles fairly close to projected release dates. I asked them about future titles on their FB page recently and there are several on the slate for this year. I anticipate we'll see some more titles announced soon.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
classicmovieguy said:
They tend to announce their titles fairly close to projected release dates. I asked them about future titles on their FB page recently and there are several on the slate for this year. I anticipate we'll see some more titles announced soon.
Thanks!

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
I ordered this for under AUS $15 from an Australian Ebay seller (inc. local shipping)..
It has been a more expensive title for some reason than the other SHOCK classic blu-rays
Great 1.78:1 transfer. First Blu Ray release in any country as far as I know. Witty screenplay by the great Joseph L. Mankiewicz and all the cast is good, particularly Susan Hayward in a rare comedy role. (aka IT COMES UP MURDER)

imgLoading_30x30.gif
5021456181735.jpg

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Shock has announced "Pretty Poison", starring Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld, for March 4th. Part of their 'Cult Cinema' range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks