What's new

Veep - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
- Just take the deal and you could be governor or senator or, God help us, who knows?

If that is not a hint! :cheers:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
- Ma'am, will you be okay with Congressman Ryan?
- Alone?
- She'll-- what? She'll be fine!
- Actually, why don't you stay, Candi?
- Jesus Christ, it's not like I'm gonna rape the president.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"Deregulate everything!". That's the perfect line for a character with that kind of blind, limitless and stupid greed.

- Alone?
God, that was funny.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
- Alone?

If it did not register the first time around, I highly recommend focusing on Candi Caruso's face throughout the scene between the President and Jonah.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
- I've been having doubts for a little while.
- What do you mean a little while? Is that before or after I scheduled the surgery to cut my dick off so you could marry me?

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
The return of Peter MacNicol as Jonah's uncle was amazing.

I think that was a purposeful decision by the writers to showcase him with a delicious scene in a single episode to rectify what happened to him in the guest star Emmy race last year.

Guest stars have to be in less that half of episodes on a season under consideration. MacNicol was in 4, and was submitted for consideration. But then they made the mistake of putting him in a replay clip in the final episode [Catherine's memoir, clip show]. Now he was in 5 episodes, removing him from eligibility.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Woooohoooooo, Jonah for President. When did I tell you?!

The funny thing is that although it is obvious and in your face, I did not initially think of Selina running again. I did not think of Selina and Jonah running against each other. That's perfect with their obvious real world parallels.

By the way, I did not enjoy the season finale that much. Had too many jumps and it was confusing. Why is it Selina's fourth time running for the presidency?

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
- Okay, perfect. Remember, three branches of government--
judiciary, legislative,
and there's a third.

And if you wanna know something about government,watch this film "Air Force One."
It's a good movie. Shows you what a president can do.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Woooohoooooo, Jonah for President. When did I tell you?!
You called it. I thought it might be a little too obvious to have Jonah do that but anything where he can act ridiculous should be funny.

Why is it Selina's fourth time running for the presidency?
I don't remember that bit of dialogue but maybe they're counting her run for President (that ended in the tie in the Electoral College) and the tie that was decided by the House of Representatives and then the Senate as two different runs? Then the other two were her run for President that ended with her becoming Vice President and this new one.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This show is fantastic. So over the top, and so enjoyable. Thank goodness for pay channels.

Incredibly rude, so not PC, rather than hide things, they say them, exactly what people are thinking, but not appropriate. Instead, they let it rip...

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If the whole Season 7 structure is about re-election and they want to end it naturally there, it strongly suggests she losing and Jonah becoming the president.

This would be disappointing to me because I want to see more of Jonah as the president. Unless they make a spinoff or make him president sooner in season 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks