Veep - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"This place sucks my ghost-nard."

I literally could not breathe from laughing so hard at Mina's dialogue about
Stephen Fry's poisoned penis.

And the Jonah/Richard rock concert-reveal was awesome...and maybe a little too prescient, given the current state of politics.

I thought this show was doomed after Iannucci left, then I thought it would be doomed once Selina left the White House. I'm really impressed by how great the show has remained.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This was the best episode of this season so far. It has a great surprise guest.

I'm predicting it now for the record. There is only one logical way this series can go and that's for Jonah becoming the president.

Everyone not being nice to him would give him a strong desire to do that.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what was funnier Gary having a heart attack, Gary not even being 40 or Selena not caring at all about Gary's heart attack.

I loved Jonah being stupid enough to say "prison magnet".

Truly enjoy this show, but the Jonah character just doesn't click with me, highly annoying. Can they please kill him? :eek:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Who's that person Jonah is with? The mother or the daughter? Jumped so fast, did not understand how she got with him.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Many great quotes I wanted to write but with the yesterday events, I refrain.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
HBO has renewed comedy series “Veep”. The new season will premiere in 2018.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I loved everything to do with Jonah (love the running gag of women checking up on each other in his presence), and the Selina/Tom James stuff was great, simply because I started thinking, "Wait...are they about to fuck again?" before Selina actually stated it.

And every time I watch, I marvel that I'd STILL prefer Jonah to his brother Paul. Fucking Jonah...him being responsible for shutting down the government was beautiful.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
- Of course she's all right. Why are women always checking in on one another when I am talking to them?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I loved everything to do with Jonah...
It seems like the writers just discovered a goldmine with his conversion to Judaism. And yeah, he seems exactly like the right person to shut down the government.

No episode next week due to the 75 minute finale of The Leftovers.

Wait, who's Jonah's brother?
Just count yourself lucky that you don't understand the reference/joke.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Does this show just keep getting better every season? A couple seasons ago, I was hoping they'd have more Jonah. Yay! Jonah and Furlong, because great and truly clueless idiots, and truly creative foul-mouthedness, are just not common enough in (my) real life.

I liked their version of this joke at the very end of the last episode, perhaps after the "squashed credits" (I forget now), the idiot in this case being Jonah:
To idiot: "You are literally too stupid to insult."
Idiot: "Thank-you!"

Last edited:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I honestly do think the show gets better every season. I remember when I first watched S1 on BD, after having just bought S1 and S2 (all there was then). I was really disappointed with S1. Because I bought it, might as well watch S2... That's when I "got it". Immediately went back and watched S1 again. Loved it.

That happens a lot to me, I go back and watch S1 of some shows after watching all the subsequent seasons, and appreciate S1 much more even when I thought it stunk. Good thing I'm not a programming director (or whoever decides on renewing) unless at Fox. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks