What's new

VE vs DVE- Anyone Notice A Difference In Settings? (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Just curious- I have been using the good old VE original for years, and recently picked up the 16:9 DVE.

On my set(Tosh 57HX81), the brightness and color settings calibrated 2 higher in each case, brightness going to 53 from 51, and color going from 47 to 49.

Sharpness also seemed to calibrate higher, from a setting of 39 to 42.

I thought perhaps the settings were different due to drift over time, but I popped in the original VE and sure enough, the calibrations were different. Problem is, I'm not sure which picture settings I prefer...

Just curious as to whether others have also experienced any difference between the two versions also.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Definite difference in Sharpness.

In fact, in my experience, if I use either VE or Avia to set sharpness, then pop in DVE, the sharpness pattern will look blurry. Really.

Joe may have commented on that on his site or in a WSR article, but I don't recall.

Makes me wonder if I have be watching an un-necessarily soft picture all these years.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks