What's new

VCR to VCR connections (1 Viewer)

Jon Cielo

Agent
My jvc 7800 vcr should be here Monday. It will be connected to a jvc 3400. I will mostly dub tapes lacking copy protection, but every once in awhile, I might. With that said, which VCR should be the source, and which should be the recorder? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I would use the 7800 as the recorder & the 3400 as the player. The main reason I would use the 7800 as the recorder is because it has FLYING ERASE HEADS (I don't think the 3400 has them) & this will eliminate any video rainbows when editing tapes. But if I was you Jon I would try it both ways especially if your just copying a whole tape because the 7800 may clean up old tapes better when using it as the player. Maybe someone else can answer with more info.

Jon Cielo

Agent
Thanks Bill. I suppose I'll try both ways and see which is better. Just wanted to know which would theoretically give me better results.

RichN

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 7800, and I think you may want to use it as the player, because it has certain functions that are supposed to make even poorly recorded tapes look better during playback (thus the recorded tape will look better). Check the manual when you get it, as there are several features that you can turn on or off. I haven't used mine to copy tapes as I have it connected to my hard disk recorder in case I want to back up some shows I want to keep.

RichN

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks