VCR Rejects Tapes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary Rhine, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Gary Rhine

Gary Rhine Stunt Coordinator

My Panasonic S-VHS VCR has started rejecting any tape inserted into it. What can be the problem?
    ------------------
    Gary J. Rhine
    My Home Theater

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

If it's happening on every tape, something is wrong with the VCR. It's either a mechanical problem (ie. the tape is getting stuck as it goes in), or a sensor is faulty.
    VCRs have an array of sensors that detect the tape being inserted and ensures it got inserted properly. If it fails along the way (tape inserted backwards, or the door is stuck, or what have you) the VCR will eject the tape.
    If the VCR is under warranty, I'd get it serviced. If not, it's your call--send it in, try and fix it yourself (if you're handy with such things), or toss it and get a new one.
    KJP

3. George B

George B Auditioning

I have two Panasonic VCRs, one is S and the other regular. The regular one had what sounds to be same symptom. The service center I took it to came to the conclusion that the tape was not turning as freely as it should. I was charged the bench fee and the recommendation was to buy better quality tapes. I have several tapes that work in both units but there is this one tape that one VCR will not accept.