What's new

VCR Record From Dish 6000 (1 Viewer)

BillK

Auditioning
Hi all,

I am trying to record to a Mitsubishi S-VHS VCR from my Dish 6000 receiver. I set the receiver to SD mode and have tried hooking up via S-Video and A/V cables. I can not get it to record. The VCR allows you to set the input to line 1 where the S-Video or AV cables are but no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bill

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Bill,

You probably aren’t getting any responses to your question because it is vague and non-specific.

First, you can’t assume that everyone out here is familiar with your equipment when you ask a question like this. For instance, I have no idea what “SD” mode is. And we have no idea if you’re trying to say that you can’t get the Dish receiver to activate the recording, if you can’t get a signal to the VCR, or if the VCR just isn’t recognizing the signal. And you give no indication if the problem is with audio, video or both.

If it’s a signal problem you’re having, I assume the Dish receiver’s jacks are sending a signal any time it’s turned on. So the problem is with the VCR. With some S-VHS VCRs you have to activate the S-video jacks via the VCR’s menu. Also, since you indicate a “Line 1” input, that means there is a “Line 2.” Make sure your cables are plugged into whichever input you’ve selected.

If this is not the help you’re looking for, please get back to us with some details.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Adil M

Supporting Actor
SD means it is in standard or non-HD output.
Bill, you need to make sure it is in standard and hook the s-video cable into you svhs vcr. then go into the menu under setup somewhere and test your vcr out. Your receiver should detect your VHS vcr. If not you have to manually plug in the jvc code and go from there.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Check the menu of the vcr, I know with the JVC you have to select S-VHS as oppose to vhs (composite [yellow]). That might explain why you are not getting a picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks