1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

VCR+ Question..Does tape get marked..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard_s, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Richard_s

Richard_s Second Unit

From the posts many of you helped me in so far it looks like the JVC recorders may be my best bet. The question I have is this:

With VHS + (or maybe some other feature) if I record a few shows on the same tape does the recorder mark the beginning of each in any way so it is easier to find or do I have to just scan (trial and error) to find the beginning of each program.

Thanks all

2. LeungNing Chu

LeungNing Chu Auditioning

My JVC 7600 will automatically mark an index code at each recording. Use the 'Index search' function to access each recording.

L. N. Chu

3. Richard_s

Richard_s Second Unit

LeungNing

Thank you just what I wanted to know. I will check the manuals for the model JVC units I am looking at to make sure it has the index search.

4. Ray Kammer

Ray Kammer Agent

Just in case you haven't made a decision yet, I just took delivery of my JVC JR-S7800U from Crutchfield on Friday. I really like it so far and it does have the index search. Got it from their Scratch 'n Dent sale for only $169.00. It came in perfect and works great. Good luck.

5. Richard_s

Richard_s Second Unit

The JVC is my top choice right now based on what everyone here tells me about it.
    Does the scratch and dent stuff from crutchfield carry a full warranty and 30 day return policy?
    Also did the JVC 7800 that you purchased come with the IR mouse?
    Thanks again. About ready to order [​IMG]

6. Ray Kammer

Ray Kammer Agent

Richard, If you mean the IR devise that controls the cable box for VCR+, yes, mine came with it. The 30 day return policy applies to the scratch 'n dent stuff but the manufacturer's warranty does not. Crutchfield honors the manuf. warranty themselves for whatever the original warranty period is. They've been in business for 30+ years and that was good enough for me. Good luck.

7. Richard_s

Richard_s Second Unit

Ray:

Thanks that is exactly what I needed to know.

Appreciate the information

Richard