VCR hookups

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by NileDB, Aug 5, 2004.

1. NileDB

NileDB Extra

Pardon my newbieness(?) but I'm having trouble getting the video signal from my VCR. I'm running composite hookups from my VCR to my Denon 2803 and then composite monitor out to my Hitachi 57s500, video 3. Video 1 is component CATV, video 2 is component DVD. When I play a VCR tape, the sound is making it, but no video signal from video 3 on the Hitachi. I am not running my cable through my VCR to the cable box as I don't plan on recording anything. Is this the source of my problem? I thought the composite video and audio cables would get the job done if I'm just playing tapes. Also, because I'm not running the cable through the VCR, I haven't taken that step of assigning an actual broadcast channel to the VCR signal on the TV (does that make sense?) You know, channel 3 or 4 in the old simple days. Am I missing somthing? HELP!!!

2. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

are you sure you have the out to monitor correct? I've seen that mistake a few hundred times

3. SimiA

SimiA Second Unit

Stephen is right, but more like a few thousand![​IMG]
    Just a few more ideas:
    Run through all the video outputs of your receiver, also, make sure your Tv is set to the correct input display.
    I know there are at least a couple on the Hitachi.
    If it's not, no picture.
    One more, make sure you set the VCR to display your Tv signal, not the tape signal.
    If all that fails, connect your vcr directly to the Tv, just to make sure there's nothing wrong with it.
    Vb