What's new

VCR Help question (1 Viewer)

Eric Taylor

Agent
Hey guys I need help with a problem I am having with my vcr. It's a older model of vcr but still shows movies very well. When I try to record a show though when I turn on the vcr instead of showing what's on tv like it used too it now shows only a blue screen. I have tried cleaning the heads but this does not seem to help. Any ideas on what's wrong? Could it be my connection to the tv? Or is it just something wrong with the vcr. I really don't want to have to buy a new one..since I don't use my vcr alot only to record shows and maybe watch an occansional video (god forbid) of a movie I don't have on DVD yet. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Your problem is in the tuner section of your VCR, or in the INPUT selection. If you haven't made sure that it is set to TUNER rather than INPUT (or VIDEO) 1, or INPUT 2, check that out. Also, check the connection to your antenna or cable.

Since it plays back movies okay, that means the connection to your monitor is okay. It also means your heads are okay, and not in need of cleaning.

If your tuner is bad, it wouldn't be worth repairing, given the price of new VCRs these days.

-Scott

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I would bet you accidently changed it from the tuner to a video (line) input, as Scott said.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks