What's new

VCR Channel (1 Viewer)

KentWo

Auditioning
Can someone help me. I'm trying to find a vcr or dvd player with a built in tuner that goes up to 300 channels. I've heard there is a Sony one, but don't know much other then that.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I'll bite, why do you need 300 channels? There are only 181 or so analog cable channels and no vcr or dvd player can tune digital cable or satellite.

KentWo

Auditioning
I don't know the specifics, but my friend at the cable company is coming down to help set up my things and wanted me to get one with 300 channels.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, this means Digital Cable...

I know of no VCR's that offer digital cable tuners only analog.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Your better off just getting the box. If your friend from the cable company is coming to help you set it up, I'm pretty sure a box will come with the package.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I have the Toshiba d-KR2 DVD Recorder. It comes with an IR module that you place in front of the cable box and it controls it so you can program the player pretty much like a VCR. So far so good. I am sure there are other higher quality recorders that also do this. I am quite content with my player however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks