What's new

VCR 2 in from TV out? (1 Viewer)

SteveSott

Grip
I want to listen/watch TV (cable box), DVD, VCR and TV(digital) on one output from my TV.
Current connections:
Receiver mode/connections
1) VCR, Composite V/L/R from cable box to receiver, No problems
2) DVD, Component in to TV, w/Optical out to receiver, No problems
3) TV/DBS, S video from Cable box to receiver w/coaxial digital audio, No problems (only get sound on channels 100+)
4) VCR 2, Composite V/L/R from TV out to receiver (TV speakers set to off). No video or sound

Why won't this work?

Thanks for the help and any suggestions.
ST

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Steve,

You haven’t received any responses because your post is confusing. No one can figure out what your problem is or what it is you’re trying to achieve. Please try again.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

SteveSott

Grip
Thanks for the suggestion Wayne, being so close to the problem sometimes makes me overlook the real question.
Here goes.
I am wondering if I can run a composite video, Left/Right audio from my TV out, into my receiver's VCR-2 in and get picture and sound?
I have done that and can't for the life of me get picture and sound on the VCR-2 out-put from my receiver.
The screen goes black, it blinks like it is looking for signal but ends up with no picture or sound.
In the mean time I have figured out how to do what I wanted.
I had hooked up my catv to my VCR, to my receiver and directly to my TV. I could only get the digital sound from the catv through the receiver but was restricted to the premimum channels (same problem others have talked about) I wanted to run another cable from the TV out to the VCR2 in-put and have regular sound on all channels. Silly me. All I had to do is use the tv/vrc button on vcr-1.
I can use a macro on my MX-700 and lable it as TV eventhough it actually is coming through my vcr.
problem solved.
Thanks again.
ST

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Steve,

The reason this won’t work is that you have merely created a loop: Video out from the TV feeds back to video in. I imagine you would get the same result from a VCR if you tried the same connection.

Does your cable box have both analog and digital outputs? If so, try connecting them both to the receiver, the same (labeled) input that you’re using now. Many receivers will default to analog if no digital signal is detected.

If not, the solution you’ve found works fine – just use the VCR for TV audio.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks