What's new

VCI's Hammer Film Noir Packaging-3 Discs on One Spindle (1 Viewer)

Ira Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ira Siegel
I just received my Hammer Film Noir Double Feature Collector's Set released by VCI. While I haven't had the chance to view any of the 6 movies on 3 DVDs, I have opened the package. All 3 DVDs are on a single spindle. To get to the bottom disc, the top two discs must be wrestled off of the discs first. Viewing and re-viewing these movies will be very inconvenient.

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
I can understand the frustration. I felt the same way when I received my VCI Hammer Film Noir Collector's Set. I have even posted my findings on the Film Noir post. Even though the movies are what really matters, I felt that this packaging was unacceptable and even contacted VCI on the subject. They promised to bring this issue to their management's attention. I sold the set on amazon.com and purchased the individual editions instead at deepdiscountdvd.com at a very affordable price.

AndySvn

Agent
I hated the packaging! I took all the discs out and gave them inidividual cases with customized covers. Works for me!

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
I did the same when I just received the package. It's a shame that VCI did not put any thought in designing a proper packaging. I will stay away from buing their multiple DVD packaged editions from now on.

AndySvn

Agent
I went to Google Images and captured Diana Dors posters and posted them on my favorite DVD cover/labelling software. Frankly, it looks better than the generic cover VCI used.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone please tell me if this has been corrected with the Forgotten Noir Series?

What about the second Hammer Noir set -- are the individual slimline cases included inside the set?

Thanks!

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I have the four volumes of the Forgotten Noir series, and none of them were on spindles. Don't know about the second Hammer Noir set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks