What's new

VCI to release The Bird with the Crystal Plumage on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I find it's preferable to watch almost all of Argento's films in English since his lead actors are frequently American and the films are shot largely in English anyway.

Vincent

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Just about everything before STENDHAL SYNDROME plays just fine, if not better, in English.

About VCI listing the audio as 5.1, a poster at the Blu-ray.com forum said that VCI told him on facebook that this will have the original mono:

Hi David, we've heard the comments about “fake” 5.1 on older titles, which never had 5.1 mixes, and we tend to agree. So we have been releasing most of our older titles over the last couple of years, with only the original mono tracks, or at least as a separate option. Our new Blu-ray of ‘Bird’ will definitely feature the original mono mix track as the default, we may include the 5.1 re-mix as an option. We have yet to release anything with the DTS encoding, but we should probably look into it. How important is that to everyone nowadays?
If this has the true, original mono (and if the transfer is on par with the Blue Underground) I might double dip.

Rick Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ricardo
VCI has updated the site, it now mentions italian audio.However, we may have an even bigger problem.I sent VCI a message via their facebook page asking if their transfer would be the same as Blue Underground. Their response was that it was the Blue Underground transfer plus "additional restoration and a little more cleanup".I personally don't think the transfer needed any cleanup whatsoever, and if it did, VCI was certainly not the best candidate for the job.Ah, well, come september...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, John. The review sounded decent, so I went ahead and placed an order with Amazon. For anyone one else interested in ordering, Amazon's price is $16.93, while Best Buy's is $14.99. I placed the order with Amazon, and then requested a price match with BB, which Amazon honored. The title is currently on back order, but is expected to be shipped in about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks