What's new

VCI DVD Releases...Any Good? (1 Viewer)

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I've really wanted to get some releases from this company but have seen very few reviews. They have "My Little Margie" and "I Married Joan" as well as some old serials and B westerns. The TV shows are random episodes and not season sets or complete series (except "Fractured Flickers") but was wondering if anybody here has any of these and what the quality is like. Anyone think "My Little Margie" and "I Married Joan" will be given a better treatment or are these releases the best I'm gonna get?

Randy

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I think they may be the best you get but then again VCI is going to release a better version of Somewhere In Dreamland soon so they may get double dipped. VCI is probably the best business dealing in the subject matter they frequent as for as quality is concerned, of course they are more expensive in that too.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
I have the 2 My Little Margie volumes, the 1 I Married Joan, the complete Fractured Flickers and 1 volume of One Step Beyond. I am quite happy with the releases. The quality is fine, the shows are complete. I would recommend these releases highly. I believe they do public domain shows but they do a good job and care about the product.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
VCI is a very good company that has been around since the early days of VHS, and still going. The DVDs are good quality, even have restored a lot of titles. Plus, they even answer emails at their website.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Speaking of their website, they offer a few titles only available there such as Private Snuffy Smith.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
I'll add my kudos for VCI's two "My Little Margie" volumes. Really nice prints. Also of excellent quality are the serials "Jungle Girl" (1941), "King of the Royal Mounted" (1940) and "Secret Agent X-9" (1945-starring a young Lloyd Bridges), among possible others. Some of the quality on their b-westerns might vary a bit, though. At least, that's how it was during their videotape days. I've been hoping the company might delve more deeply into vintage-tv. Especially in terms of 1950s oddities, which are otherwise so neglected by the big outfits. A decade ago, they released a couple of volumes (vhs) of the syndicated version of "The Big Story," hosted by Burgess Meredith. I'd love to see more things like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks