What's new

vBulletin (1 Viewer)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Nice choice of switching to vBulletin, I've learned to love it using other sites that utilize it.

Impressive move of all the data, too!

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Yep, I'm very happy with this so far....the search is just a monster.
Jim

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Is there going to be sticky topics again, then?

This was one of my favorite features for the short time it was used the last time.

Yeah, the search function is so much better on vB, good choice.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dominik:

Where is the second one? I only see one online indicator under a member's name when they are online. If they are offline nothing shows up under their name.

Parker

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Great work, guys. Faster and better looking.

Except... How do I turn off the "Show Signature" checkbox by default?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Wow the HTF is very very fast now.

Anyhow, I just edited a message right after I posted...yet I see no indication that I had edited my message! It think you guys need to enable/add that feature, so we know when someone changes something!

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Max, as long as no one replied before you edited the "edited" message does not come. I like it that way, especially if you always forget to check out the message preview.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
The edited by feature has a time limit built in so that if you go back in and edit your post within a couple of minutes the edited by doesn't show up. That way you can edit something as you are working on it but if you go back a couple of days later to edit it then it will show the edited by message.

If you have anything in your signature it will automatically set it to show your signature by default. The only way to turn it off is to delete your signature.

Parker

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hey, it looks like my cache problem is fixed with the new vBulliten stuff. NS 4.77 seems to be using the newest version and not going back to using cached pages all the time.

It's pretty speedy on my end too so far.

Jay

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Wow. Nice to see V-Bulletin back.

Boy is it fast. Whew!

Thanks Parker, and Ron.

...and Congratulations.

Matt

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Wow, I must say that I am impressed. I wasn't all that excited about the impending change, but it seems to have worked out very well. :)

Oscar W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oscar
Wow! :emoji_thumbsup: Hope we get to stick with it this time.
Parker, one thing I see is:
There are two "Calendar" access tabs on either side of the "Rules/FAQ" tab.
Plus I sent you a PM with a few other really minor things.
~ow

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
I like this new software. Working fine at my end. Let's hope we can stick with it this time.

Particularly like the "dot" function to trakc which threads I've participated in.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Edwin, I agree. The IGNORE feature has me a little uneasy, guess i'll see exactly how much i'm liked or disliked here now.:frowning:
The VIEW feature is a double edged sword for me, on one hand I like it because if I get no responses in a thread I start, at least i'll know that someone read it. But, on the other hand, if I start a topic and 100 members view it, and nobody responds, i'll now know that that's 100 people who chose not to respond to it.
If nobody responds to a thread I start, that's o.k., it didn't appeal to anyone that's all, but I think I would rather not know how many people viewed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks