vaulted ceiling question - running wire...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Ted Lee, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hi all -

i did a search, but didn't find a thread specifically about running wire in a finished room with vaulted ceilings.

since the drywall is pretty much right up against the roof, how in the world do i do this? is it even possible?

thx,

ted

2. PatWahlquist

PatWahlquist Supporting Actor

I have a vaulted ceiling in my theater room and it was a pain for the electrician to run the cables. There was a bit of room, about 18", between the actual roof and the wallboarded ceiling. There was also some very strange placement of 2x4's. If you have access to the attic, crawl up and see what you can see. I, too, thought there was no room between the roof and ceiling. Worse case scenario is a few holes in the ceiling to run the wire and then have it patched. If you're interested, I can send you some pics.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

thx pat, i'm planning on checking out the attic over the weekend ... should be interesting. even if i only have 18", i think i could make do ... but we'll see! i may hit you up on those pics ... stay tuned! [​IMG]

4. DarrenHo

DarrenHo Stunt Coordinator

i have the same problem. took a look up there and can't see anything thanks to the insulation. i guess i'll try to tuck the surround wires under the carpeting.