What's new

vasectomy (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I assume it was an attempt at humor: Dust collecting on long-unused items, popping out of air ducts or old vacuum cleaners and the like.
Regards,
Joe

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I had mine Sept 13th, 2003. I remember because it was the day after Johnny Cash died and the doctor had the radio on in the operating room and it was a JC marathon.
It was completely painless and I drove home after the operation.
I did take full advantage of my doctor's advice, however, and sat on the couch watching TV for the entire weekend. It was torture. ;)
"but honey, the Dr. said I should stay on the couch!"

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Joseph DeMartino said:
I assume it was an attempt at humor: Dust collecting on long-unused items, popping out of air ducts or old vacuum cleaners and the like.
Regards,
Joe
Ha Ha you guys are killing me. I haven't checked out this thread in a while and just stopped by today to check it out. Sorry if you did not find my dust line funny but the look people give me when I tell that story makes it worth it. I, like every man in the world, freaked the funk out when I was going to have my tubes cut and worried that maybe I would be shooting blanks. Really I worried that nothing might come out and was really grateful to find out I was wrong.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Simple and mostly painless. I didn't shave enough and the doctor (male) finished up the job while the (pretty female) nurse looked on. One thing that sticks in my mind is that the doctor did NOT wear gloves.

One caution. Recently, a proctologist told me that after about 5-10 years, or in men in their 40s, the success rate for reversals plummets, dropping lower every year. I tell you this as a cautionary tale; in 2003, my 15-year-old oldest son was hit by a car and killed. After 18 months or so, my wife and I decided that we wanted another child, not to replace Tim, but because we had envisioned our lives as the parents of two kids for so long that my younger son being an only child seemed so wrong. Anyway, the proctologist told me that after so long since my snip, the odds for a successful reversal were very slim. Now we are engaged in the bureaucracy and expense of an adoption. My advice to you, is to have a couple of samples frozen, just in case the unthinkable happens. I pray that you will never need them and will be able to donate them to some nice man some day.

Sorry to rain on the (mostly) bawdy and fun nature of this thread.

Chad_K

Grip
Real Name
Chad Kemp
I had mine done about a year ago. My wife did the shaving part. The doctor gave me a three pill cocktail an hour before I went in on that Friday afternoon. One of those pills were a valium and that was very nice. My doctor did not make incisions but rather punctures with something that hooked the Vas deferins and he burned and clamped. Not a bad surgery. There were about two or three nurses that came in to look at my stuff. Kind of uncomfortable. After the surgery it was a bottle of Hydros :) , a bottle of Crown Royal :D , lots of ice and sitting on my arse for three straight days. Was not the worse thing in my life I have experienced. I would say do it!!!
"One thing that sticks in my mind is that the doctor did NOT wear gloves." YUCK!!! Sorry to hear that Hugh.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Chad, you don't look old enough to have a vasectomy ... or a wife shaving your balls. In fact, I doubt your balls have dropped. I'm finding your story very difficult to believe. You're not foolin' me, kiddo! I'm smarter than that.
- Colton

MayM

Auditioning
Real Name
May Mary Peterson
Guys who ask either my husband or I if they will get a vasectomy, we always answer with a big YES! It worked for us for years and it was among the most worry-free times of our relationship. Don't worry, in case you would like to have it reversed, all that you would need to do is to have it reversed. not a big deal. ours was successfully reversed by Dr. Wilson. more info on him can be found at www.microvasreversal.com And now we are truly looking forward to a new addition to our family.

So for a worry-free form of contraceptive - go for a vasectomy (some pain initially but it will wear off and you'll enjoy the benefits)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks