Varying picture quality from my cable-box for each channel?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Lee, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hi all -
    i think i'm having problems with the tv signal that is coming into my apartment.
    depending on what channel i'm watching, the picture can look too red or too green. it drives me crazy.
    i'm (pretty) sure it's not my tv because when i watch a dvd, everything looks fine. just to be safe, i'm also getting soundandvision's calibration dvd this month.
    since the issue appears to have to do with my cable carrier (att broadband) is there anything i can do?
    tia

2. Miguel Paredes

Call the cable company and complain. Another option is to try and boost the cable signal, but since you are paying for it, might as well let the cable company do it for you...

Chances are, others in the building are having problems as well.

3. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Ted,

I'm not surprised you cited AT&T broadband as having problems. I subscribe to the same service and channel quality varies wildly from my cable box. Some channels actually have fuzz and static, as if the signal were being transmitted through rabbit ears and tin foil.

Other channels are full of digital artifacting and pixel dancing, and some channels pulsate and flicker.

I would suggest calling AT&T, but at the moment their broadband department is understaffed and extremely uphelpful.. just for the record.

If I cared more about watching broadcast television, I would subscribe to a satellite service because overall you get a vastly superior picture.

Just my opinion, anyway.

Joseph

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

thanks guys.

att broadband is not my favorite company these days, but i'm stuck with their service. i'll wait untill their @home fiasco dies down then give them a call.

maybe i'll get lucky... :b