Various 2-disc SEs $10.47 at DDD

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Nathan A, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Nathan A

Nathan A Second Unit

Each of these titles is $10.47 at http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/, and each should be the 2-disc SE, so they're mostly pretty good deals. Thanks to DVD Price Search (http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/, July 18 section) for pointing them out.

All the Presidents Men
    Amadeus DC
    Batman "one" through "four"
    Blade II
    Boogie Nights
    Bringing Up Baby
    Chariots of Fire
    Dog Day Afternoon
    Magnolia
    Malcolm X
    Meet Me In St. Louis
    Network
    Purple Rain
    Seven (or Se7en, but definitely not 7)
    Unforgiven

2. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

Try towerrecords.com and get them for $9.99 each also...

3. Will_B

Will_B Producer

DDD is sold out of the first two Batman SEs. But I placed the order anyway, I'm sure they'll get more in eventually. I've been waiting for this price!

4. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

Note that with this deal you can get the entire Controversial Classics 2 box set for under $32, minus the box. Of course, if you're really wedded to the whole box set idea, you can spend an extra $10 for the case.

5. Jeff Meyers

Jeff Meyers Supporting Actor

Thanks for the heads-up on this Harold. I've been wanting to pick-up the first 2 Batman SE DVD's.

TowerRecords.com also has free shipping:
    Free USPS Shipping will be automatically applied to eligible products totaling $20 or More! No Coupon Code Required!
    Eligible products include music, movies and non-video game accessories. We may occasionally exclude any of these items from free shipping at any time. Books, video games, video game accessories, toys, electronics, used product and items that ship from the UK do not qualify for free shipping.

While placing my order for the first 2 Batman SE DVD's I received the following message: "SPEND AN ADDITIONAL $0.02 TO RECEIVE FREE SHIPPING!". Otherwise standard shipping is $3.95.

I just browsed TowerRecords.com for filler items and found several music singles for $0.79 each a few CD's for $0.99. I just added Discover Narada - CD Sampler for $0.99 so now I get my free shipping.

My order total ($22.60) was a little higher through TowerRecords than it would have been through DDD ($20.94) because I had to pay $1.63 in sales tax.

6. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Tower also has the 2-disc edition of Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock for $9.99.

And the 2-disc special edition of Tiles' Window Dressing CD for $14.99.

[​IMG]

As a side note, Costco usually charges $9.99 for Warner 2-disc sets, although I haven't seen the titles from Controversial Classics 2 there yet.

7. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I snagged Dog Day Afternoon...turns out its on backorder, so who the heck knows when it'll come in. But it's one more movie I can cross off my list.