What's new

Variety article: More Than Two Thirds of Consumers Have Never Bought a Digital Video (1 Viewer)

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I always redeem UV codes, so I can share my Vudu titles with family. As for myself, I have watched only two of my Vudu films online. Each had no subtitles on the Blu-ray, but did have them on Vudu. Didn't expect that!

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Having the disc I see no reason to ever want to sit at a desk and see the movie on my computer or on a 4" phone screen.
True, but when you are on the road or vacation, you can watch your movies online. Whenever I go on vacation, I take my laptop and an HDMI cable with me. Attach the laptop to the TV, connect to VUDU for my collection or hit Netflix, and wah-la, instant library to watch. If you never go on the road for any reason, then no, not a benefit.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
True, but when you are on the road or vacation, you can watch your movies online. Whenever I go on vacation, I take my laptop and an HDMI cable with me. Attach the laptop to the TV, connect to VUDU for my collection or hit Netflix, and wah-la, instant library to watch. If you never go on the road for any reason, then no, not a benefit.

Most of our travel time is in the USA. We are usually very busy except in the evening when we are in the hotel. I actually really enjoy watching local TV to get a flavour of the area. I find there are several networks we don't get in Canada like Fox News that have to be seen to be believed.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
We all know I'm sure, that watching a digital copy doesn't = watching on a computer screen or phone right? I have 1400+ digital movies and only watch on a big screen.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
[email protected] post: 4466127 said:
We all know I'm sure, that watching a digital copy doesn't = watching on a computer screen or phone right? I have 1400+ digital movies and only watch on a big screen.

Exactly. I have 1,200 digital movies and have never watched one on a computer or phone. I watch everything on a 65in UHD TV, some with Dolby Atmos sound.

If anything, redeem your codes so you are able to share your collection with friends and family who aren't fortunate enough to purchase so many discs. Passing that up out of spite for a format is just silly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks