What's new

Vans Evers Model 85 Reference (1 Viewer)

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Does any one else have the VE power conditioners? I just bought a used one and it didn't come with a manual.

Can someone explain how to use the 2 impedence switches on the back?

Thanks.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
I believe they are transient switches, a big difference.

One setting for normal transient responce, the other for higher, accelerated response.

I used to own a VE83, so I am going by recollection.
I would play with them. Listen and find which setting appeals to you most.

BOK

Steven Hen

Stunt Coordinator
From the manual:

"These two-position switches allow the user to fine tune the sound of the audio system. Reference clean line jr.'s have two switches; all other clean line conditioners have a single switch. When switched to the higher number, a subtle but significant increase in the speed of musical transients will occour."

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I also bought the Reference 85 used without a manual. I got it last Christmas off of Audiogon.com. I called Mike VansEvers up to ask him just that question after I received it. He told me to play with them and see what I liked best :) . You can order the manual from him if you wish. I do like what this little box does for my system. Both in the video and audio end.
Good luck.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
If anyone wants the manual, drop me an E-Mail, it is not that big and I could scan it into Acrobat and send it. The points about the switches discussed already are the inportant parts. There is a single manual for the Clean Line and Clean Line, Jr. and the specs for all the models are in it,

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the help guys...I guess it's experimentation time.

Oh by the way Phil A, I would like to take you up on you sending me a copy of the Model 85 Reference manual. I already sent you an email in regards to this.

Thanks.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Chris, ygm, - but don't tell Chu Gai I sent you this. I have been diagnosed as neurotic on the HTF and will be accused of spreading the neurosis.

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
One other question to all out there...this is a new topic but, does anyone else out there, keep there VE units "on" all the time?

I have more than 4 components that would need to be plugged into the "unswitched" outlets..since there are only 2 on the VE 85 Ref....I just leave the unit on.

Will this cause any added wear and tear or "burn out" of the VE unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks