What's new

Vanishing Point DVD (1 Viewer)

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone out there know anything about the status of "Vanishing Point"? I read many moons ago in WSR that 20th had it on a planned release for this year, but I have heard no more. Hopefully it will come out in amph. widescreen and include the deleted sceens that so irked Barry Newman by thier absence. By the way, does anyone else out there feel this is the greatest movie of all time? A cool extra on such a disk would be to include the TV remake on the same disk. Are you listening 20th Century Fox? Unrelated: Anyone know if anymore of the Bond films will be rereleased induvidualy? Some of those EBay prices are down right silly. A good mday to one and all.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I can't answer your questions, but I will add that Vanishing Point is available in England, R2 PAL, so if you feel that Vanishing Point is the "greatest movie of all time", I suggest getting it and one of those all-code, PAL-to-NTSC players if you don't have one already

Greg Z

Stunt Coordinator
I too am waiting for this movie. Come on Fox, let's see Vanishing Point!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I thought at a chat a couple years ago that Peter said it was coming.
An Anamorphic disc was just released in Japan.
Yes this film is a work!

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
Re: Alan Halvorson- Thanks for the Pal info. Sounds good to me but if I spend anymore on my home theater my wife will make ME VANISH! Guess I'll have to hope my wishes come true sooner than later. Say, I see you are from Red Wing. Cool place. They still got that Hardees in the train station, or did it vanish (See, there is that word again) like most of the others? Got any snow yet today? Truly a wierd and wimpy winter. Take care my friend.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
The R2 PAL disc has a beautiful transfer, but nothing else aside from a trailer. Luckily, it's also priced accordingly.

I can't say I think it the finest film ever made, but there's just something wonderful about the whole thing (it was clearly a big influence on Malick's Badlands for one). I certainly prefer it to Easy Rider and it's definitely on a par with the exquisite Two-Lane Blacktop. I'd have to describe as an existential chase/action film.

A superb film, well worth buying if you're R2 capable (the cover art is ghastly, mind). Having said that, if a special edition comes out in R1, I'll gladly trade up.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Billy: The Hardees is still there but the snow is all gone. Not much of a melt this year. Our Hardees, we were told, was the most expensive Hardees ever. Hard to believe that, but it is certainly unique. I'm old enough to remember when it actually was a train depot.

You know, if you get one of those Cyberhome 500's, it will only set you back $70 or so. All you gotta do is get into the service menu and set it for all regions - Dvd Talk has the answer to how this is done. And it plays PAL too, pretty well I'm told.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks