What's new

Vanilla Sky (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I was just watching this the other day and then I watched the trailer for it. There is a seen that looks like a swat team comes in and Tom has a gun. Has anyone read the shooting script or know what happens in this scene?
Thanks

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Yes, it's the crew from Abre Los Ojos, trying to prevent Cruise/Crowe from ruining the legacy of their fine little film.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The confrontation with the cops was in Abre los Ojos, but for some reason was cut in Vanilla Sky.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Argh, am I the only one who loves VS? Well on the other hand I haven't seen Abre Los Ojos yet...

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
Argh, am I the only one who loves VS?
I wouldn't say I love it. I like it a great deal, though. After watching this, Magnolia and Eyes Wide Shut I had to revise my opinion of Tom Cruise considerably.

The only real problem with it is the ridiculous ending, where everything the movie was building to fell apart. I suppose, though, with a film that needed to be a big hit, whose primary market was a country full of people who found Mulholland Drive confusing, it was the best remake we could get. I was actually surprised a Hollywood studio let it be made -- sort of reminded me of the wonderful period from ~Easy Rider to ~just before Star Wars.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Angelo,
I believe a extended version with lots of extras is in the works.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Even though I love Cameron Crowe, I thought that VS was almost a complete mess. I thought that while it was very ambitious to try to remake such a challenging film, the complexity of the story and the thematic points were not suited to Crowe's filmmaking style. While there were a couple of nice points of the film, altogether I thought that it would have been done a little better by a director such as Aronofsky or maybe even Spike Jonze, but this type of script was not the best mate for Crowe's style.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks