What's new

vanilla sky-WOW.... (1 Viewer)

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Well, if you've seen Open your Eyes, the 1997 Spanish film that Vanilla Sky is remade from, you know it's a great movie. I imagine it's in safe hands with Cameron Crowe. Open Your Eyes is on DVD currently and highly recommended.
------------------

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
just thought i'd bring this back up-and i was also wondering-why isn't tom cruise's face deformed in the trailer? i thought it was supposed to be...
confused.gif

------------------
[email protected]

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I think one trailer shot does show his face deformed.. when he says "I just want Sofia" or something to that effect.. if you look closely, his right eye appears misshapen. I also remember reading that he isn't as deformed as the same character in Open Your Eyes.
------------------

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I just saw the trailer and it has made me want to see it even more. I can't wait until december.

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I guess I am kind of conflicted. I love 'Open Your Eyes' and don't see much room for improvement. Indeed, it looks like 'Vanilla Sky' is a scene-for-scene re-enactment. On the other hand, I have never been disappointed with anything Cameron Crowe has done so I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it. At least, many people who never would have seen the original will see this one!

Jamie E

Stunt Coordinator
Having seen Abre los Ojos (and purchased the recently released R1 DVD), I have to agree that Vanilla Sky looks like an almost straight-up remake. I had the good fortune of seeing AlO without knowing anything about it in advance, and the originality and sense of "Huh?" was just wonderful. Although the VS trailer doesn't seem to give too much away, I'd actually recommend you steer away from watching it if you are already set on going to see the movie when it comes out.
Spoiler:For those who think the ending may be different, there is a very quick flash during the ending montage of the VS trailer, showing Cruise taking a nosedive off the building, just like Cesar in AlO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks