What's new

Vanilla Sky DVD to buy or wait? (1 Viewer)

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Have the rumors of a better special edition of Vanilla Sky grown at all over the past couple months or died away? I was just wondering whether there was any word on a later release of Vanilla Sky the way Crowe did it with Almost Famous. There was a thread here about two months ago but not much was resolved or discovered through it so I thought I would check again now that time has passed and it is coming out on Tuesday. Thanks.

-Eric

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Buy it now, it's definitely worth it. There are abbreviated documentaries that probably will be expanded and re-released, but I've heard it'll be a supplemental disc (like the Matrix one), rather than a "bootleg" release like Almost Famous.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Vanilla Sky is released by Paramount. I rest my case.
"Objection! May I introduce Exhibit A -- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Director's Cut." :)
Not to mention the remaining Trek films, or the strong indications of future special editions of Mission Impossible and the three existing Jack Ryan films.
M.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
NO! don't buy it. Take your money and purchase "Open Your Eyes"

It can be found at Target for 9.99

or it comes in a double pack, the other movie being "Permanet Midnight for 19.99

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
John,

I already own Open Your Eyes and personally would rather watch Vanilla Sky, I'm not sure why but for me it has more rewatchability to it. But of course this thread isn't about that, I just wanted to say I saw them both and want to own them both.

Michael,

That would be great if instead of releasing it again they would release a features only disc, but somehow I do not see this happening for Vanilla sky.

-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks